Why become a member? ×

Compressor recommendations

danny-79

Hi all. 

As the title says I’m looking for recommendations regarding a new compressor. 

At the min the compressor I own and uses is the Markbass Compressore (old style version). It’s permanently set up next to my Genz Benz Shuttle (600). Plug bass straight into that set up and it sounds great, I don’t want to move it so either I need a second one to put on my board for when using other effects and different amp head or something new completely?!????

the only reason I’m tempted just to buy a second one is as we all know compression and compressor are a whole subject to themselves and having spent a long while with my Markbass I know my way around it (just missed one on eBay an all) plus they do sound pretty good!!! 

But be in mind it’s just for live work so maybe having tubes on your board is not the best idea (partly why I moved it to permanently next to amp head in the first place) 

your sugestions are all welcome (Just please not super complicated stuff, something along the lines of what I already have) 

cheers and thanks 

Dan

4 minutes ago, danny-79 said:

Ok thanks will look them both up. 

Its for gig use so that was my ?!?! Regarding the tube in the MB 

but will definitely look into both suggestions 

Ah yeah, sorry I misread that. Tbh, they're still worth a try. I really like the Compressore. I only shifted mine because I didn't want another PSU and wanted something smaller. There's a recent thread where a few of us chat about the Keeley Bassist, if budget allows, they're great. Very simple in use, clean and clear like the Markbass and low noise, like the MB too.