Why become a member? ×

Anybody using the Gear4Music in ears ? Also branded Talkstar

Les

36 minutes ago, Les said:

Cheers Paul, am I right in thinking these things need a stereo feed otherwise you just get sound in one ear ?

Know what you mean about the supplied earbuds they're naff

we get a mono sound to each ear by using a mono to stereo lead from our mixer amp (Yamaha 512 SC, which only has 1 monitor out) to the in ear transmitter, I know it's frowned  upon by some on here but I only use one ear piece which also acts as an ear plug for the singers vocal and my backing vocal, the singer uses two though

59 minutes ago, El Capo said:

Used these for countless gigs with a decent replacement set of in ears (JBL ones bought from a Tesco for £25) and they were amazing!

Cheers, kinda figured better in ears would help

34 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

we get a mono sound to each ear by using a mono to stereo lead from our mixer amp (Yamaha 512 SC, which only has 1 monitor out) to the in ear transmitter, I know it's frowned  upon by some on here but I only use one ear piece which also acts as an ear plug for the singers vocal and my backing vocal, the singer uses two though

Thanks Paul

Did you make your own lead up ? It would be stereo to dual mono wouldn't it  ?

I've got a work round solution with adapters but it seemed so ar*e about face I was wondering if I was doing something daft as I would imagine most mixers would send a mono out from the aux. 

5 hours ago, dudewheresmybass said:

yup. 

do you have a thread running on Kent musicians notice board??

Sorry pal, only just seen your reply. No that's not me mate. I know this unit is dead cheap but it's missing a trick if it can't deal with a mono input and put it in both ears.

22 minutes ago, Les said:

Cheers, kinda figured better in ears would help

Thanks Paul

Did you make your own lead up ? It would be stereo to dual mono wouldn't it  ?

I've got a work round solution with adapters but it seemed so ar*e about face I was wondering if I was doing something daft as I would imagine most mixers would send a mono out from the aux. 

sort off, I had a mono 6.3mm jack to two phono males and a stereo 6.3mm jack to two phono females, but yes you could make your own up with a single mono jack and single stereo jack, just run the one wire from the mono plug to the left and right ones in the stereo plug