Why become a member? ×

NUX Loop Core for backing sounds/Tracks £65

skidder652003

Hi folks

just thought I would let you all know I've got the Nux Loop core running on my pedal board. Its got 99 memory slots for saving loops so for my use I downloaded some moog drone in E and some birdsong and then loaded it onto slot 1 and hey presto opening of Rush's Xanadu (for our medley)! Also have an air raid siren going in slot 2 for opening of War Pigs. I think for £65 (BAX) its not too bad a way of triggering effects or even backing tracks, but I'll let you know how it pans out in a gig (Sat), anyone else use something similar for this little money (im a terrible tightwad)??

• Thanks 1

@skidder652003 - thanks for sharing this!

Image result for nux loop core

Really compact, great price point, USB connection for saving / loading from PC & 99 presets. 

Allows you to change the tempo playback of recorded phrases without changing key.

And 6 HOURS total recording time! 

The NUX  is essentially a Boss RC-3 clone but the RC-3 (£105 new) delivers a more modest but still really useful 3 hours total recording time with 99 presets. In comparison the TC Ditto X2, which costs a fair bit more (£139 new) and takes up more pedal board real estate, provides just 5 MINS of total recording time - which would make the X2 useless as an "ideas pad" for me.

The NUX has actually been out since at least 2014 so a little newer than the RC-3 (2011), but as with many other NUX pedals not that well known. 

On paper, the NUX looks really good. My only hesitation with the NUX is whether its build quality and longevity is going to be on a par with the Boss RC-3.

...have to fess the NUX Core Deluxe bundle which has the same footprint as the NUX Core but 24 bit rather than 20 bit output, 8 hours total recording and additional dual footswitch which is going to make live scrolling easier, is the version I'd be tempted to get if I was looking to get my first looper :) 

Edited by Al Krow

5 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@skidder652003 - thanks for sharing this!

Image result for nux loop core

Really compact, great price point, USB connection for saving / loading from PC & 99 presets. 

Allows you to change the tempo playback of recorded phrases without changing key.

And 6 HOURS total recording time! 

The NUX  is essentially a Boss RC-3 clone but the RC-3 (£105 new) delivers a more modest but still really useful 3 hours total recording time with 99 presets. In comparison the TC Ditto X2, which costs a fair bit more (£139 new) and takes up more pedal board real estate, provides just 5 MINS of total recording time - which would make the X2 useless as an "ideas pad" for me.

The NUX has actually been out since at least 2014 so a little newer than the RC-3 (2011), but as with many other NUX pedals not that well known. 

On paper, the NUX looks really good. My only hesitation with the NUX is whether its build quality and longevity is going to be on a par with the Boss RC-3.

...have to fess the NUX Core Deluxe bundle which has the same footprint as the NUX Core but 24 bit rather than 20 bit output, 8 hours total recording and additional dual footswitch which is going to make live scrolling easier, is the version I'd be tempted to get if I was looking to get my first looper :) 

yeah the scrolling via footswitch would be useful, forunately theres probably only going to be 3 or 4 times I use it so bending down to change patches is fine. I have to confess that I wasn't able to load samples via the usb/PC interface, theres some info on youtube about how difficult that is (to do with bitrate and renaming the files), so I just played the sounds out of my PC speaker headphone socket into the loop pedal and saved them on the pedal, works fine.

28 minutes ago, skidder652003 said:

yeah the scrolling via footswitch would be useful, forunately theres probably only going to be 3 or 4 times I use it so bending down to change patches is fine. I have to confess that I wasn't able to load samples via the usb/PC interface, theres some info on youtube about how difficult that is (to do with bitrate and renaming the files), so I just played the sounds out of my PC speaker headphone socket into the loop pedal and saved them on the pedal, works fine.

Ok that's kinda interesting / helpful about folk finding it tricky to back up / download loops from PC. I've really enjoyed being able to do that with my Boss RC-30 - it basically provides a very easy to use "DAW Lite" which is handy.

I guess that's one area that the Boss RC-3 is going to win out on and needs be taken into consideration in deciding which one to go for.

22 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Ok that's kinda interesting / helpful about folk finding it tricky to back up / download loops from PC. I've really enjoyed being able to do that with my Boss RC-30 - it basically provides a very easy to use "DAW Lite" which is handy.

I guess that's one area that the Boss RC-3 is going to win out on and needs be taken into consideration in deciding which one to go for.

the newer delux core bundle might not have that problem

The nux series are good value for money. They are copycat clones. In terms of build quality they are solid. Nothing really plastic. Behringer are the only budget brand that has plastic enclosure. All other ones are generally metal based. Metal is good. Metal is solid. Metal bleeds.