Why become a member? ×

m audio, e-mu, or line 6

Bay Splayer

I would second going for a firewire interface if possible. If you have a PC, it'd be worth you buying a plug in Fireware interface if your motherboard doesn't have firewire. For laptops it's a little more awkward - there are PCMCIA firwwire adapters, but they cost more.

[quote name='mike257' post='353317' date='Dec 13 2008, 01:35 AM']I've got an Emu 1212M, and have always been happy with both the sound, and the PatchMix software that runs it all, so my recommendation would be the Emu. Haven't tried the USB versions though, mine is PCI.[/quote]
I have the same and am generally happy with it.

That said I have been thinking about the UX2 as an easy input using the digital In/Out on the 1212M rather than the USB connection.

I have a POD xT and a BOD xT Pro and have the most horrendous problems with white noise bursts that no amount of fiddling with settings on the PC seems to fix. Having used the digital connections on the BOD those problems were not apparent so it seemed the way to go.

I had thought of the Emu breakout box to the 1212M but that seems to be horrendously expensive.

Annoying thing is I bought the PodFarm download update and amp & effect packs to use with the POD a while back, but I suppose it will mean that I have a second copy #2 son can use on his Mac.

Now what I [i]really[/i] want for Christmas is a Mac I can dedicate to recording, but unless ERNIE comes up with the goods a bit better that an't going to happen sadly :)