Why become a member? ×

Sandberg California PM5 PRICE DROP £625.00 EXCL POSTAGE

markbass555

I had decided to sell this to fund the purchase of a 4 string california Sandberg as I can not get comfortable with the 5 strings; but due to my central heating boiler expiring on Tuesday I will have to use some of the money to fund a new one.........

This is a Georgeous sounding bass and has quite a slim neck and narrow profile for a 5 string. String spacing is 17.5mm in comparision to a lakland Jo or Dj which is 19mm.

No need to go into to much detail as you guys are pretty knowledgeable. The bass is fitted with FRET FX RED Led side markers which look superb on this bass.

anyone wanting the specs can get them from here [url="http://www.sandberg-guitars.de"]http://www.sandberg-guitars.de[/url]. I have been reliably informed that Sandberg prices are due to increase in January by 20-25% as the pound is so weak against the euro....... so this can be yours for £625.00 plus postage comes with sandberg gig bag or I could be tempted by a trade for a 4 string California P, PJ or PM.

So to stop 3 kids having a very cold christmas please dig deep and buy this bass.......

[attachment=16456:sandy_1.jpg]
[attachment=16457:sandy_4.jpg]
[attachment=16458:sandy_3.jpg]

Thanks

Dave

Edited by markbass555

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='338443' date='Nov 27 2008, 02:25 PM']Didn't this sell on here only a couple of months back? If I had the money I'd take it off you, I wanted it last time because that yellow is righteous. Not too fond of the "relic" job on it but the colour would still swing me.

Hopefully someone else will sell this again in the new year when I can actually buy it.[/quote]

Yes I bought it off Carlosfandango. Its a great sounding bass but not comfortable with 5 strings and also needs must at the moment.

DAve

[quote name='markbass555' post='338476' date='Nov 27 2008, 02:52 PM']Yes I bought it off Carlosfandango. Its a great sounding bass but not comfortable with 5 strings and also needs must at the moment.

DAve[/quote]
I have a Sandberg California JJ Jazz which is relic'd. Never thought of getting a relic'd bass but when I played it I couldn't care less what it looked like! Always think that at least if you put a ding in it yourself it won't matter!

I am sure this bass is awesome - wish I could justify another Sandberg as I am a big fan.

[quote name='op76' post='338524' date='Nov 27 2008, 03:15 PM']I have a Sandberg California JJ Jazz which is relic'd. Never thought of getting a relic'd bass but when I played it I couldn't care less what it looked like! Always think that at least if you put a ding in it yourself it won't matter!

I am sure this bass is awesome - wish I could justify another Sandberg as I am a big fan.[/quote]

Same here, exactly.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='349209' date='Dec 8 2008, 11:28 PM']Can't believe this didn't sell on eBay. If I wasn't busy trying to get customers to cough up before christmas I'd have it, I think it's a real looker.

Good luck with the relisting, but I think it's just a bad time of year to be selling.[/quote]

Thanks mate. I think the problem may be it doesnt say Fender or Warwick or some other well known makes. I'll just keep trying. Really gassing for a four string version or a DJ 4 with maple board...but need to free up the funds.

Hi

yes it used to be mine and I can vouch for that this is a fantastic bass. The string spacing is adjustable to 18,5 mm (from 16,5 if I remember it correctly).

It's a very forward sounding bass so if you are into heavy rock or similar you can't go wrong. That said, I used to have flats on it and used for many jazz and latin gigs as well. Its's also a headturner, I always had many people coming up to me after gigs and asking about the bass.

good luck with the sale!

Edited by carlosfandango

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='350186' date='Dec 9 2008, 09:09 PM']Bleh... I really want this and I don't have any cash. Would you be interested in a trade for a Stingray fretless? At least if you don't want the Stingray it might be easier to sell! :)[/quote]

Thanks for the offer but will have to decline that one I am affraid..... maybe someone else would buy it off you lol!!!!!!!
Then you could buy mine lol!!!!!

Dave

• 1 month later...