Fettsman

SOLD For sale or trade:Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass 2010 EMG Hipshot £750
£999

Price dropped to £750 and no lower!

Another bass that has sat in the cupboard for far too long unplayed. At a gig last night, I realised that the two basses I had with me were all I'd used in anger for ages and all I would ever need. (Until the dreaded GAS rears it's ugly head again)

Any road up, here is my 2010 Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass in Crimson transparent. I got fed up of the N3 pickups and fitted EMG PJ pickups and a BTS four knob control system. The Scratchplate has been replaced with a mint green one but I can chuck in the original black one (a bit battered) if you like. The bass is fitted with the appropriate Hipshot DTuner and is in overall excellent condition. the only damage is a small gouge on the end of the headstock, a few plectrum scratches on the body on the upper boutand a little scuffing below the controls on the lower edge.

P6090020.thumb.JPG.a9e661d81cffbb224b01c6fd29b78e03.JPGP6090023.thumb.JPG.5f1c5b6354624cef0911df868613fb7e.JPG 

The case  has most of the bits in it and is in very good condition.

It's a beauty but it never gets played and I'm fast running out of space under the stairs.

I am based in Leics but get around the country a lot with work so a meet could be possible.

Let the pictures tell you more!

Not really interested in trades. Try me if it's a guitar (not modern or even remotely pointy)

P6090021.thumb.JPG.a49d10492797e895ef618a6ba52d51f2.JPG

P6090029.thumb.JPG.ea713c3f6de053fad44cffc58c7e399d.JPGP6090025.thumb.JPG.5f1ac41b88f32467009bbb6b7a42225a.JPGP6090026.thumb.JPG.b44cbece44c870453b4d7367fda5b230.JPGP6090025.thumb.JPG.5f1ac41b88f32467009bbb6b7a42225a.JPGP6090024.thumb.JPG.97cca533cbeffc2a9be725b44dd58215.JPGP6090030.thumb.JPG.0b12cbe5858c15df15eee950c11cf0dc.JPGP6090019.thumb.JPG.1f1dc67775830a1676032fbb36cda0c1.JPGP6090022.thumb.JPG.dc2df53e25f314d94e09e8174c13ff25.JPGIMG_4232.thumb.JPG.5f061eed5f1f07cd09cff95fbead1529.JPG

P6090028.JPG

P6090027.JPG

Edited by Fettsman
Price drop
  • Like 2

This is a LOT of bass for the price. I have one of these from 2010 also, and it’s just incredible. The easiest playing bass I’ve ever owned. £1400 new even back then, plus your upgrades. GLWTS.

Could I ask why you replaced the N3 pickups with the EMGs. Also, would posting be possible ? Thanks

I was fed up of getting buzz and hum from the bridge pick up. Everything was earthed and all cavities screened with copper foil and graphite paint. However some venues must have had a rogue beer cooler in the cellar or something because I couldn't get rid of interference. the neck pick up was quiet as a mouse, frustratingly! The EMG pickups are, as always, free from any nasties and sound (to my ears) the business. 

I could post, probably UPS as I've had no bother with them, not sure how much that would be but I can make enquiries.

Cheers

Andrew

Just remembered the other reason, the pan pot on the original Fender electronics was very crude. It was effectively a three way switch, the EMG allows neck with just a touch of bridge for example, the original was one or the other or both.

Edited by Fettsman
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.