Why become a member? ×

SOLD subject to the usual: Valve Heft! Ashdown CTM-100 £575
£850

OK, lots of lovely valve heft and tone! I'll not bore you with that you already know. I bought this about two years ago, and it had not been gigged or rehearsed - home use only and not a lot of that as I have a Bassman 135!

There's a Roqsolid cover to go with it - I can't see any difference in the amp from new.

It's a great amp to pop on top of a modern lightweight cab to hold it in place 🙂

Being big, heavy and fragile, In the first instance I am looking at collection - Manchester/Bolton/Wigan area.

Thanks for looking,

Paul.

P1000485.thumb.JPG.0c3951e33b6f9c1ae0e05b6ceb8b164f.JPGP1000483.thumb.JPG.01e1a81c8f3f3f487326862a191be945.JPG

P1000484.JPG

P1000482.JPG

Edited by cattytown
Reduced
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cattytown said:

Price dropped - it is possible to update the "official" price?

Sorry, but it's not possible. It's locked by the System at the creation of the topic. Current price can be noted in the title, as you have done, or in future posts, but the System price is cast in stone.
Good luck with the sale.

6 hours ago, Thunderpaws said:

Hiya. Does this put out 100 watts at 8 ohm as well as 4 ohm?

37 minutes ago, cattytown said:

I can't see a definitive statement, All I can see is "output  100W, Speaker Outputs    3 x Jack 8/4/2 Ohm"

So I would interpret that as yes.

Thanks for looking,
Paul.

Amps with an all-valve output stage, such as this one, don't have different power output in the same way as solid-state amps. The output goes to an output transformer, from which there are tappings for the different impedances. The output stage 'sees' the same impedance, and so delivers the same power, whichever tap is used. This amp delivers 100w into 4 or 8 ohms. These are valve watts, of course, and will sound, usually, considerable louder than similarly rated solid-state amps.
Hope this helps; good luck with the sale.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Amps with an all-valve output stage, such as this one, don't have different power output in the same way as solid-state amps. The output goes to an output transformer, from which there are tappings for the different impedances. The output stage 'sees' the same impedance, and so delivers the same power, whichever tap is used. This amp delivers 100w into 4 or 8 ohms. These are valve watts, of course, and will sound, usually, considerable louder than similarly rated solid-state amps.
Hope this helps; good luck with the sale.

Thanks for your helpful knowledge dad. 

I’m interested but pending the sale of something I have ongoing at the moment. Good luck with the sale!

• Thanks 1

No problem. Thanks for clarification Dad.

If it helps, I'll shortly be making my way to north Devon via Somerset, though I am not sure I will have room in the car, and I'll have the children with me so stopping for a couple of hours gassing wouldn't be great,

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

OK, I have had a couple of queries about trades - I am not looking for more amps - I want to reduce my stock a little.

I am probably OK for effects.

I *might* be interested in a nice PJ bass, or an Epi Vintage pro Thunderbird (already have an older pro), but I can be a little fussy about what I like, so please don't be offended if I am not excited by whatever you offer.

Paul.