Why become a member? ×

Warwick Rockbass Corvette Medium Scale 5 string Passive Black - *SOLD*
£480

jaccjazz

This bass is actually new. It’s never been played, gigged, or otherwise used. I bought it in a haze of GAS last year but have since been so preoccupied I never got it out to get up to speed with the 5-string thing. Now I have to clear out the herd and raise some dosh. Any apparent nicks etc are just highlights/dust etc. The bass is mint.

These Chinese made Warwicks are of exceptional quality. The bass is made from an alder body and Maple neck with ekanga venner stripes making it light weight, and allowing for a more comfortable and smooth play.

It has 2 passive "Dynamic Correction" MEC J/J pickups and passive electronics producing the typical Warwick low end growl along with a clear treble. There is 1 tone control neck pickup, 1 tone control bridge pickup, 1 balance control, 1 volume control

This is pretty much the ideal shorter scale 5 string, the 32” giving the B-string plenty punch than would be possible with 30”, and about the same as a standard 34”.

It generally goes new for over £700.00. Here is an advert for an passive version in black.

https://www.abtmusic.eu/product/warwick-rockbass-corvette-5-string-bass-medium-black-high-polish/

Specifications:

·       Body: Alder

·       Finish: Black High Polish

·       Bridge: Warwick 2-Piece Bridge

·       Construction: Bolt-On

·       Neck: Maple Neck With Ekanga Veneer Stripes

·       Fingerboard: Rosewood,  Radius: 26"

·       Scale Length: 32” (Medium Scale)

·       Frets: 24 Extra High Jumbo Nickelsilver

·       Number Of Frets: 24

·       Fret Height: 1.3mm

·       Fret Width: 2.9mm

Body Back Down.png

Body Front Down.jpg

Body top back.JPG

Full Back Angle.png

Full Back Down Straight.jpg

Full Top Angle.png

Full Top Angle flash.jpg

Full Top Down Straight flash.jpg

Head Back Down 02.jpg

Head Top.JPG

Edited by jaccjazz

Ok thanks for that, not that familiar the the Rockbasses and so never seen a Warwick with twin tone pots.

Just FYI though the link is for an active version so you may want to look at revising that.

Cheers

Hi Dyerseve,

Thanks for the input. You're right of course. I had difficulty finding a black 5-string medium passive on sale right now. So I've modified it and added a  passive.

Cheers

Edited by jaccjazz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...