Why become a member? ×

Future Impact users - how are you getting on?

MacDaddy

23 hours ago, tonyclaret said:

Cheers for the insight, I was hoping the envelope would be decent. What's in the update?

Full ADSR envelopes and a 4-slot mod matrix, ability to use all three FX together (plus a raft of other stuff that I can’t mention yet).

5 hours ago, Muppet said:

I'm having fewer problems than last year but my biggest issue now is having a sound in my head (or from a recording) and having no idea how to use the editor to get the sound right. I'm convinced the pedal can do it, I am the limiting factor.

Do you have an example?

On 07/05/2019 at 19:58, Quatschmacher said:

Full ADSR envelopes and a 4-slot mod matrix, ability to use all three FX together (plus a raft of other stuff that I can’t mention yet).

Any timeframes? 🤔😁

Edited by tonyclaret

• 8 months later...

Hey everyone, before I drop the big bucks on this - can you confirm this plan will work?

I'm hoping that a single Future Impact on my board can replace my chorus, my phase 95, my envelope filter, and my boss bass synth 5. I should be able to program a designated patch for each of those effects yes? Any opinions on how each of those will measure up?

• 1 month later...
On 04/02/2020 at 22:17, JarodG said:

Hey everyone, before I drop the big bucks on this - can you confirm this plan will work?

I'm hoping that a single Future Impact on my board can replace my chorus, my phase 95, my envelope filter, and my boss bass synth 5. I should be able to program a designated patch for each of those effects yes? Any opinions on how each of those will measure up?

I’ve programmed decent envelope filter and phaser sounds; it’ll do 2- and 4-stage phasing. Chorus is possible (though isn’t stereo and there are only two delay lines so more exotic quad chorus probably isn’t possible). It’ll easily do what your boss synth does only way better. 

Check my patches for examples:

15 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’ve programmed decent envelope filter and phaser sounds; it’ll do 2- and 4-stage phasing. Chorus is possible (though isn’t stereo and there are only two delay lines so more exotic quad chorus probably isn’t possible). It’ll easily do what your boss synth does only way better. 

Check my patches for examples:

Christmas Phat is getting mightily close to the sound I want, if I can take off the distortion without changing anything else about the sound I'm almost there :) 

3 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

Christmas Phat is getting mightily close to the sound I want, if I can take off the distortion without changing anything else about the sound I'm almost there :) 

What distortion? Do you mean clipping of the audio? The overdrive is switched on but is on the minimal setting. You instead might be referring to the high-end frequencies when the filter is opened (you can set the envelope depth or cutoff lower to remove some of these. Or you might be  referring to the pulse width modulation in the square waves which is adding some harmonic movement to the sound; again, you could take this out.

4 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

I'm hearing some synthy fuzz - which I assume is intentional - I don't mean clipping or anything. 

Towards the end of the clip I morph the patch, increasing the decay and cutoff which lets more high end frequencies through. Yes, it was intentional. 

11 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Towards the end of the clip I morph the patch, increasing the decay and cutoff which lets more high end frequencies through. Yes, it was intentional. 

great sound, and as I said close to what I'm trying for, I just want it clean.