Why become a member? ×

EBMM Music Man SUB 5 Stingray Black Beauty SOLD!
£675

maut

£622 / EUR 700

I bought this just recently, but I´m struggling with active basses AND with five strings these days, so this needs to go.

The US-made MM Sub was based on the idea to make a cheaper version of the classic Stingray bass. They used uncontoured bodys and textured paint so there was no need for polishing. All necks were painted black, and electronics are 2 band EQ.

The important thing is, the pickup and electronics are the same as on the regular Stingray, so the sound is the same. It´s basically a Classic Stingray with a much better price tag. The Classic 5 retails for around £2,500 which makes the SUB version a bargain.

The 5 string version is pretty rare, there are only a few of these around compared to the SUB 4.

This is one of the few black ones, and I replaced the ugly silver pickguard with a brand new Classic Stingray one. The original aluminum PG will be included.

The condition of the bass is very good, the body has no chips or scratches. The back of the neck is perfect. The frets are as new, the electronics work fine.

The previous owner added an additional string tree between nut and tuners, there are two tiny holes left, almost unvisible. Please check the macro pic of the headstock.

The weight is 4,7kg.

I´m in Berlin, shipping is no problem.

a.jpg

b.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Edited by maut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 15/04/2018 at 19:07, maut said:

The important thing is, the pickup and electronics are the same as on the regular Stingray, so the sound is the same. It´s basically a Classic Stingray with a much better price tag. The Classic 5 retails for around £2,500 which makes the SUB version a bargain.

Yes the SUB is a bargain for American made Musicman bass, no lie but the electronics aren't the same. I don't know so much for the pickup itself but this is only a 2 band active EQ and no pickup switch.

There are vast differences between the SUB5 and the Classic 5.... A bit misleading when you detail it like that.

Perhaps a revise? I'll happily remove my comment afterwards 👍🏻

11 hours ago, bigsmokebass said:

Yes the SUB is a bargain for American made Musicman bass, no lie but the electronics aren't the same. I don't know so much for the pickup itself but this is only a 2 band active EQ and no pickup switch.

There are vast differences between the SUB5 and the Classic 5.... A bit misleading when you detail it like that.

Perhaps a revise? I'll happily remove my comment afterwards 👍🏻

Identical to the 4-string version ;)

• 1 month later...