Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM compression

Kevin Dean

That`s probably why my ABM 600 sounded so pony when I accidentally had it on, doh, I never knew that either. I suppose this brings in two lessons for me -  Lesson One, read the manual, Lesson Two, turn it fully clockwise so that if I accidentally hit the switch I won`t panic as my amp has suddenly got hardly any output.

21 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

That`s probably why my ABM 600 sounded so pony when I accidentally had it on, doh, I never knew that either. I suppose this brings in two lessons for me -  Lesson One, read the manual, Lesson Two, turn it fully clockwise so that if I accidentally hit the switch I won`t panic as my amp has suddenly got hardly any output.

after talking to Lee   the way to use it is to get the sound you like  with it & adjust the volume accordingly & leave it on ,  at gigging level I found at the 1 o'clock position really tightened up the bottom end & added a very pleasing punch along with the bass drum .