Why become a member? ×

Peavey MiniMEGA

rushscored4

I see this 1000w head has been mentioned a few times in other threads but no topic of its own. I'm thinking of selling my Ampeg PF-50T and matching PF-115HE cab and/or my PF-350 head and buying one of these to go with my newly acquired (from here) and brilliant Barefaced Big Baby 2 cab as an alternative or backup to my new Fender Rumble Stage 800 combo.

Anyone owned or tried the MiniMEGA? Seems pretty good value for £540 brand new with a padded Peavey bag.

https://www.rimmersmusic.co.uk/minimega-1000w-bass-head-p37721

Edited by rushscored4

I have one - Peavey says the speakon outs are paralleled, whatever that means ?  4 ohms minimum so i'm guessing it will take no lower than two 8 ohm cabs ( one in each speakon ) or one 4 ohm cab in one of the speakons. I guess " paralleled " means they are not seperate mono amps, otherwise i could run my 2 Beyma 2x10 cabs which are 400 watt and 4 ohms each. Instead, i run my single 8 ohm 600 watt self build Fane 1x15 cab

Peavey call the Kosmos button "Built-in KOSMOS® bass enhancement and psychoacoustic sub controls " ...

but i can tell you its identical to an octvaer, and a brilliant one at that. Just be careful when you engage it

I love it - the options for EQ ing are outstanding.  And it weighs less than my slippers.  I  managed to score an ex demo model for an excellent price, but no peavey bag.

I sourced a rather spiffing sturdy padded laptop bag off NastyBay for £14

If your taste for amps are similar to mine, you'll love it

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1