Why become a member? ×

On 01/04/2018 at 19:46, Al Krow said:

Have you also used separates - if so I'd be interested to hear,  in your experience, how your MB Combo stacks up against them?

Some folk worry about the high-end treble roll-off, of Markbass cabs - I presume that's not something that has been an issue for you when you've played live?

Hi Al,

No I haven't but I only discovered Markbass by chance. I do love the simplicity of the EQ controls on the amp. If I ever need to buy some bigger gear I would definitely check out Markbass simply because of the lightweight aspect of it but I will be aware of the high end issue that you mention.

On 3/30/2018 at 13:38, gjones said:

I bought a Fender Rumble 100 V3 recently, secondhand. It cost me £165 and it's incredibly light (you can pick it up with your pinkie). I played through it at a blues gig, in a crowded bar, 3 weeks ago and it kept up with a , reasonably, well behaved drummer, a keyboard player and a guitarist, playing through a 50 watt valve amp. I was told it put out a good bottom end out front.

I usually take my GK MB500 and my Barefaced Compact to that gig.

It's as small as a practice amp but it's definitely loud enough to gig with. 

'I usually take my GK MB500 and my Barefaced Compact to that gig'.

Me too - I use a Barefaced One 10 and an MB Fusion - it all fits into a Cajon Backpack so I can carry it on the underground easily :) 

I'm doing a small Bistro/Coffee shop gig later this month with acoustic guitar/vox through our usual PA, a pair of Electrovoice 12's and a Yamaha EMX512SC  (a bit big for the room really, but hey-ho - there's nothing like a bit of headroom!),  harmonica player with a 9 watt HarpTrain combo and drummer using a Cajon etc. Planning on taking my Roland Basscube 30 which is my at home practice amp and hoping it's enough but will take may Sansamp VT Bass pedal and if it isn't I'll DI into the PA (as I will have plenty of headroom!).

Edited by phil.c60