Why become a member? ×

Yamaha YAS-275 Alto Sax For Sale
£500

For sale is my excellent condition Yamaha YAS-275 Alto Saxophone.  I've owned this since new, but sadly haven't played it at all for the last few years owing to a difference of opinion with my wife regarding my aptitude for wind instruments - I thought I had a little, she thought I had none.  To be fair she may have a point…

Despite the fact that my kids both play clarinet to a reasonable standard neither have been interested in Sax, but as a result this has really only ever had very careful use by a responsible adult (the one who parted with the cash for it) in a home environment, so it is in absolutely excellent condition.  No leaky or sticking pads, scratches or dings, or any other issues as far as I can see from a thorough inspection.

Comes from a smoke free, but not a pet free, home.  However our Golden Retriever learnt very quickly that when the sax came out of its case the best place for him was as far away as he could get, so the two have never really been in the same vicinity.

Comes with all the accessories shown, including a Hercules stand which I never actually used.  Also has the original manual, and some light oil, though these aren't shown in the photo.  I can dispose of the reeds in the reed cases as you probably won't want second hand reeds, though I think I have a few new ones which I'll also include.

I'm asking £500 collected from Cardiff, and I'm not looking for any trades.  Not really looking to post at the moment as I'd prefer to make sure the buyer is happy before they part with any cash.  I commute daily to Swansea Vale, and go over to the Clifton area in Bristol from time to time, so can probably arrange delivery along either of those routes, within reason.

26138625287_ec77353f2f.jpg

More photos here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskvaArhv

Edited by Gottastopbuyinggear

On 3/27/2018 at 13:08, Gottastopbuyinggear said:

I've owned this since new, but sadly haven't played it at all for the last few years owing to a difference of opinion with my wife regarding my aptitude for wind instruments - I thought I had a little, she thought I had none. 

xDxD

I love playing my Soprano even though I have similar (limited) ability....

GLWTS

Edited by TheGreek

• 2 weeks later...

I owned a tenor, alto and soprano at the same time, many years ago, and whilst many would argue I could play none of them, the soprano was especially difficult. I would love to have an alto again though, certainly the most expressive of the three (and probably the most useful/versatile all told). That one looks bloody nice as well :)

Hi there. 

my daughter plays sax, and would LOVE this.. however I don't have any spare cash right now.  

Let me know if you change your mind and decide to consider trades at any point :)

Best of luck with the sale   :)