Why become a member? ×

Fitting a K & K Bass Max

kristo

I'm a beginner double bass player whose recently added a Bass Max. I'm not entirely sure if it's fitted correctly. It's quite tight in the bridge, and the bridge edge is not perfectly flat. Could anyone with more knowledge than me advise if this looks ok please.

BtyhhYG.jpg

ksdNHfX.jpg

13 minutes ago, walbassist said:

As long as the pickup isn't getting crushed that looks like a nice snug fit to me.

I don't think it's crushing as it moves with a little pressure. Thanks for the reassurance, now to get back to trying to play it! Cheers.

Nowt wrong with that, looks neat. These a great little pick-ups, I used one for six years and it never let me down. I used to keep mine secure with just a couple of bits of masking tape, just in case the amp lead was accidentally yanked and pulled it out of place.

Yeah that's fine. You should see the hash jobs I've done just because I got bored of/carried away with filing a gap in the bridge. They do break if too tightly squished so as long as it moves but doesn't flop out you're sorted.

Not sure about your taste in rugs tho 😁

Cool, thanks. Is it usual to keep the input gain on preamps/amps pretty low with these? I've tried it into my Tecamp Puma combo (with a Orchid DI box for impedence matching inbetween) and it sounds better with the input level turned right down.