Why become a member? ×

Filling potholes...

Dan_Nailed

Left the pots on the preamps to ease installation for the next buyer, and I really like the look of the basses with just two pots!

I like the Nedster idea but I can't go cutting into the basses for scraps...one is gloss and the other is solid flame maple. I like the dowel idea - the holes are 1/4"...

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='334692' date='Nov 23 2008, 01:25 AM']Left the pots on the preamps to ease installation for the next buyer, and I really like the look of the basses with just two pots!

I like the Nedster idea but I can't go cutting into the basses for scraps...one is gloss and the other is solid flame maple. I like the dowel idea - the holes are 1/4"...[/quote]

for sure on an unfinished bass relatively easy to hide.. definitely not something to damage the existing bass to fix. Good luck with it.

ttfn

[quote name='Delberthot' post='334954' date='Nov 23 2008, 03:59 PM']I've just removed the electronics from my Warmoth as I've never used them since I built it. Pickup and earth just go straight to the jack now.

I'm trying to find plain top chrome bolts and am going to use that to cap the holes.

[/quote]

Why not just make a new scratch plate that goes over the cavity? Wouldnt that look much better?

[quote name='5_string_death' post='334101' date='Nov 21 2008, 09:04 PM']Dowel maybe? Stick it in, cut to size, sand it down and paint it could work if you had the size of the pot holes.
Zach[/quote]

whilst a good idea if you have a solid finsh it looks sh*te on a trans/clear varnish/ oil finish. The reason is that dowel has its grain running along the length of it, and your body grain will be running front to back....

Use dowel to plug hole but leave it 1mm short, Then cut a pice of the dowel in 1/2 and use the flat surface cut into a 1mm slither and cut into a circle to fit on top of the plug.... make sure the grain is running fromt to back or inline with the grain on your body and you can make a credible job with some patience.

Good luck....