Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE: Peavey Firebass 700w Head plus 210 300w 8ohms Cab

BigBeefChief

Selling these to fund a hit on Brian Sewell. Please dig deep people.

This is one of the US made white face models. Its covered in carpet which is a bit scruffy and the corner protectors miss a bit of paint, but this thing is as solid as you'll ever find. It'll be around when cockroaches inherit the earth.

Its f***ing powerful: 700 Watts @ 2 Ohms, 475 Watts @ 4 Ohms, 275 Watts @ 8 Ohms.

The specs are online should you care to look, but to summarise, its got a 3 band EQ, contour control and a built in crossover for biamping. Don't ask me what this means, but you lot seem to like this kind of stuff.

I bought this of Alien, who knows his onions when it comes to amps, who previously fitted a Speakon socket to the amp.

The cab is made by GM Audio in essex. Its vinyl covered with silver grills. Really well made and hardly a mark on it. It runs to at least 300w at 8ohm. Got a good old school tone and goes well with the Firebass.

I'll try and add some pics of the cabs (pics courtesy of Dangee who I bought this off):

[attachment=16179:amp1.jpg][attachment=16180:amp2.jpg][attachment=16181:amp3.jpg]

There...managed it. f***ing surprised myself.

I'm not going to split these. And they're too heavey to post. The Firebass weighs sh*t-loads.

I live in Kent, so these are collection only. Could maybe deliver or meet half-way, depends on what you're like at giving hand-jobs.

The price?

[b]I'm open to offers. [/b]

If no one makes an offer, I'll probably get bored and slap a price on here and get cursed by some 14 year old for asking for too much.

Edited by BigBeefChief

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='333332' date='Nov 20 2008, 07:05 PM']Nice work putting this up hours after I bumped mine. Two together would be great, with the crossover. Man, that would be awesome wouldn't it? We should price fix.[/quote]

I didn't notice there was another one for sale. I don't know what crossover is, but it sounds like fun. *

*Edit - just looked it up. What use would this be at a Jewish Festival commemorating God sparing the Jews when He killed the first born of Egypt?

[quote name='BassJase' post='341795' date='Dec 1 2008, 12:19 PM']Sorry for being thick dude, but I can't actually see a price for it......

Possibly interested though. :)[/quote]

Well spotted! There isn't a price listed! But mentally, I've reduced what I would accept!

Make me an offer, I won't be offended if it's ridiculously low.

[quote name='BassJase' post='341795' date='Dec 1 2008, 12:19 PM']Sorry for being thick dude, but I can't actually see a price for it......

Possibly interested though. :)[/quote]
+1

Also, what's actually still for sale - is it the amp or the cab??

[quote name='steve-soar' post='342589' date='Dec 2 2008, 01:33 AM']How many gigs have you done with this rig BBC, is it reliable?[/quote]

Never gigged with it. Home practice and one rehearsal only.

Never had any problems with it. The head was bought off our very own Alien who knows a thing or two about maintaining these kind of things.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...