Why become a member? ×

Hello from Finland!

Blaque

Hi! Im 37y old from Finland. Been playing over 20 years and professionally freelance almost 10y. I love music in almost every possible genre. 

Gear I use mostly is Fender Precision -76 (ash/maple) -> pedalboard  -> Jule Monique 700 -> Aguilar DB210/DB212. My other electrics are Fender RB5 signature, Fender MIJ Jazz Bass -w 60´s CS pickups, Yamaha BB434M -w Lollars, Ibanez GWB35 and Yamaha TRB2 6. Plus old plywood upright and Kala U-Bass.

My (basic)pedalboard is kind of 2-channel setup. 1st (electric) channel is tuner -> Boss OC-2 -> Mad Professor Blueberry OD -> Broughton L+HPF -> MXR M80(as DI). 2nd channel is only Fishman Platinum Pro EQ for upright and u-bass. Both channels go to Boss LS-2 where I match signal levels.

I'm always curious about new gear and right now I'm considering FRFR-setup. 

Lots of players are finding the benefit of new materials and manufacturing techniques.  Lots of players like myself benefit from the abundance of quality second (third, forth or even fifth) hands goods that go on the market when someone goes light.

I have bought mostly second hand but my excuse is that I need the exercise.  Try bench pressing a TE1818 for five reps and it'll give you an idea of what I expect it'd be like to gig with my rig.

I am going to steal that idea of yours and put it into practice if I ever get busy on the circuit.  I'm one of those who keeps coming back to flat eq settings after a bit of a play around.  With my latest bass, the Ibby SR605, this happens more than ever.  It's funny because I've got more control on board with the three band eq and its adjustable mid than on any other guitar I've had yet I want to use tone control less often.

1 minute ago, SpondonBassed said:

I'm one of those who keeps coming back to flat eq settings after a bit of a play around.  

I was just now experimenting with the small rig I used last night to try and get a better sound than I felt I had on stage. At home volume, the best sound (Rootmaster 800, Super Compact, standard Jazz bass) was with the amp EQ switched out of circuit. Actually, the sound was slightly better with the Sans Amp going into the FX return, but that's another thing to remember to take and plug up.

I’ve also boughy my gear 2nd hand. I think its only reasonable way to go through different gear. In my case, it takes lot of gigs to say if somethin works or not. Really cant compare if test somethin in musicstore... Also doesnt hurt my economy so badly, when you get almot every penny back selling gear away. 😁

And thanks for friendliness!

p.s. Sorry my bad english

Edited by Blaque
  • Like 2