Why become a member? ×

Hello from New York

dg27

Have browsed this forum off and on and decided I should join in the conversation. Have been playing since I was 15, which was many years ago. Favor Fenders ('76 P, '84 MIJ Jazz Bass Special, '12 MIM Jazz, '99 P/J hybrid (Jazz w/ a P neck), '69 Mustang) but also play a '69 Gibson EB-1 and a heavily modified '76 Rick 4001. Built a Warmoth Tele bass a few years ago that I love. Play lots of R'n'R mixed with reggae and Latin influences. Most of my time is spent writing and recording..

dg

Edited by dg27
typo

Hi, Tanks for the add, my name is Thomas, I play on Fender JB and Musicman Stingray, my amps are Hartke and Ampeg.

I’m a classical musician but enjoy playing Bass, from Jaco to Cliff Williams, I like everything in bass playing.

cheers

554C9819-5EF3-48AB-94AB-C436C4AEF463.jpeg

Edited by Thomlille
Typo

10 minutes ago, Thomlille said:

Hi, Tanks for the add, my name is Thomas, I play on Fender JB and Musicman Stingray, my amps are Hartke and Ampeg.

I’m a classical musician but enjoy playing Bass, from Jaco to Cliff Williams, I like everything in bass playing.

cheers

554C9819-5EF3-48AB-94AB-C436C4AEF463.jpeg

Welcome Thomas (although I think you should have started an introduction topic of your own).

That's a grand looking tool kit you have there.  Respect.  You needn't hide your DB (I can just see its nicely rounded bottom.) as there are many double bassists here who would love to see it in full frontal view, so to speak.

Edited by SpondonBassed

1 hour ago, Thomlille said:

I’m a classical musician but enjoy playing Bass, from Jaco to Cliff Williams, I like everything in bass playing...

Good morning, Thomas, and ...

sR31aMN.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share.