Why become a member? ×

Rehearsal rooms

Dood

Hey all...

I'm after your help!

The guys from my band are spread all over the flippin place and we're kinda needing somewhere 'half way between us all' to be able to meet and make some noise! - A rehearsal room is the obvious choice, but any sort of village hall or meeting rooms are a possibility, given that we *could* rehearse at a very low level.. gotta love technology these days!

We don't need to worry about our drummer for this place, as he is based in the US.. (You wouldn't believe the reverb across the sea lol) - This is more just for the UK based peeps.

So, I'm in Norfolk, One guy is in Swindon, the other in Manchester. As I say, we're kinda lookin' for somewhere in the middle.

If you could kindly help us out, I would be very appreciative! I feel sure there are hundreds of local bands who use various facilities?

Thanks,

All the best!

Dan and Within The Void !

hi dood the Mill arts center in Banbury rent out rooms, nothing fancy (though occasionally you might get offered the main stage if they are busy!) it's a stones throw from the M40 so quiet easy to get to.

Mine will be finished very soon! Just got to hang a few doors and lay the carpet :huh:

It's in Somersham, Cambridgeshire (PE28 3HJ), which might be a bit of a treck for your mate from Manchester but close to equidistant between you and Swindon.

If the location works in any way let me know and I'll PM you specific details, but in short it's inexpensive, large, well kitted out and will be acoustically treated :)

[quote name='Golchen' post='332369' date='Nov 19 2008, 03:17 PM']Well there's a rehearsal room I know of in Luton that my mate uses, a few miles in from M1 junction 10. I guess it's probably too far??

You not playing with Andy James these days?[/quote]

Hello mate.. well, Pin, my guitarist used to live in Luton and we have used one there before, so not totally out of the question!

I still see Andy and I am hoping that we'll have a chance to do some more stuff in the future. He is playing with 'Sacred Mother Tongue' at the moment who are just in the process of releasing their first album. Andy really is a cracking guitarist!! One of the best I have ever worked with.

So yeah, anyway.. Somewhere that all 3 of us can get to *sort of* midway between the 3 of us will be ideal. It's just costly and time consuming driving for 3.5 odd hours to Manchester, say.

We have been using Skype and file sharing to get material back and forth, but I really prefer being face to face with the guys to jam ideas out.

[quote name='Biggsy' post='332145' date='Nov 19 2008, 10:37 AM']Mine will be finished very soon! Just got to hang a few doors and lay the carpet :huh:

It's in Somersham, Cambridgeshire (PE28 3HJ), which might be a bit of a treck for your mate from Manchester but close to equidistant between you and Swindon.

If the location works in any way let me know and I'll PM you specific details, but in short it's inexpensive, large, well kitted out and will be acoustically treated :)[/quote]

I would love to know more! Sure, it's not close to Manchester, but its an option and a very kind offer! Thank you.