Why become a member? ×

SOLD Lakland Skyline 55-01 NTMB

martinbass7750

I've decided to sell my Lakland Skyline 55-01 NTMB - I moved back to a 4 string Jazz back in July, and I've decided to stick with 4 string now.

Sean has kiindly put some pics up of the bass, see below.

Here's a brief description:

Lakland Skyline 55-01 (5 string) in candy apple red, with maple fretboard. American made NTMB electronics.

It's been through a few hands on this forum - I've been the owner since about March 2007, and gigged it up until July 2008.

Condition is very good.

New Rotosound strings.

Gig bag.

Looking for £400.

Cheers

Martin

Edited by martinbass7750

Thanks Sean and Pete,

Yes it is a lovely bass, and it still looks the same as in Sean's pics (thanks for posting them, I was just about to take some).

It's taken me a while to decide to sell it; when I first bought the Jazz I wasn't sure I liked it so I kept the Lakland to fall back on, but now I find I've fallen in love with the Jazz neck.

I played a Clover Apeiron the other weekend at the Bass Direct stand, and I'm thinking about getting one of those, so funds are required!

Cheers

Martin

Edited by martinbass7750

Hi - I've never played a Warwick, but I've been told I might not like the neck profile.

I'm really looking for a sale, but it might be interesting to try a Warwick. Where are you based?

And which Warwicks do you have?
Cheers

Martin

[quote name='aido43' post='331545' date='Nov 18 2008, 03:39 PM']Interested in trades?--got two Warwicks Im keen on swapping.[/quote]

I think this may have been mine, once upon a time. Fabulous bass indeed, played and sounded wonderful.... why on earth did I sell it? lol! That's a serious amount of bass for not a lot of money. You don't fancy a swap for a lovely (but criminally under-played) Bacchus Jazz do you (4 string)?

Could well have been yours, I know it's been with several people on this forum.

It's still in great condition, just doesn't get played since I moved back to 4 string.

Tell me about your bacshus jazz please

And whereabouts are you?

Cheers

Martin
[quote name='Mokl' post='336252' date='Nov 25 2008, 02:04 PM']I think this may have been mine, once upon a time. Fabulous bass indeed, played and sounded wonderful.... why on earth did I sell it? lol! That's a serious amount of bass for not a lot of money. You don't fancy a swap for a lovely (but criminally under-played) Bacchus Jazz do you (4 string)?[/quote]

Just seen your location and had to laugh, I'm near Gloucester too - but I know this bass (if it is my old one) went pretty far north at one point! My Bacchus Jazz is one of the hand made ones, tealy blue nitro finish, Seymour singles, maple board, Gotoh bridge. If you can wait I'll get you some pics, although I may not be able to do that until thursday as I won't really be at home until then. Not sure of the age, possibly early 00's... condition is very good. PM me if you're interested and I'll try and get some pics to you on thursday.

Matt

EDIT: Should mention that the neck is not quite your classic Fender Jazz - flatter radius I would say, but still fairly narrow at the nut.

Edited by Mokl

[quote name='Mokl' post='336284' date='Nov 25 2008, 02:50 PM']Just seen your location and had to laugh, I'm near Gloucester too - but I know this bass (if it is my old one) went pretty far north at one point! My Bacchus Jazz is one of the hand made ones, tealy blue nitro finish, Seymour singles, maple board, Gotoh bridge. If you can wait I'll get you some pics, although I may not be able to do that until thursday as I won't really be at home until then. Not sure of the age, possibly early 00's... condition is very good. PM me if you're interested and I'll try and get some pics to you on thursday.

Matt

EDIT: Should mention that the neck is not quite your classic Fender Jazz - flatter radius I would say, but still fairly narrow at the nut.[/quote]

pm'd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='355965' date='Dec 16 2008, 01:58 PM']If I had a spare £400 (I blew all my money at Status yesterday!) I'd have this off you in a flash! That paint colour is stunning :)[/quote]

It is pretty isn't it? I'm still slightly unsure about selling it, but I just don't think I'll play 5 string again so I'd rather have another decent Jazz 4 string.

• 3 weeks later...