Why become a member? ×

Dual bass gigbags

TRBboy

2 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Thomann list that Gator double bag as weighing 4.8kg... O.o 

That's heavier than a lot of basses!

Yeah it’s a good case but it’s pretty huge. The Gator dual and the Mono dual were hanging up on a wall in Bass Direct last time I visited, so I decided to take a photo to compare their thickness. Gator on the left, Mono on the right - See below.

D24A4E23-D22B-4E53-B3A6-913C7F464793.thumb.jpeg.ea8f11c4ecdc6035a0effcc9ece06462.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

wow, quite a difference! I think the MTD one looks like quite a good bet. Decent price and not too bulky. 

I was surprised by the difference too. I adore the MTD, just don’t expect to be slinging into the back of tour vans full of other gear etc...but if you’re gonna be travelling with your basses by car, bus or train and carrying/wearing it most of the time it’ll be absolutely fine. It blows most other “gig bags” away as far as build quality.

• Like 1

Just checked them out, they do look pretty decent but the Fusion looks more like what I need with the internal suspension noodle and all that.  Means I can keep pedals or whatever in the other side if I'm not with two guitars.

If any other potentials are considering, worth a look.
https://www.fusion-bags.com/collections/guitar-gig-bags/products/fg-double-electric-bass-guitar-gig-bag