Why become a member? ×

Power supply for Two Notes Le Bass, plus many others

LegateNaarifin

I need more powaahh!!

I've had a Two Notes Audio Le Bass for a while now, and absolutely adore it, but it's proving a little annoying to power o.O

I've been running it off of its own power supply which came with the pedal (12v 1A), whist all my others are running on a One Spot Pro CS12. Great power supply, but it can't provide the current for the Le Bass at 12v. And I'd rather not have to lug around a second power supply :D

Anyone know of an isolated power-brick style supply that can handle Le Bass? I'm currently running 10 pedals including the Le Bass, and besides it and a Bass Whammy they're all low current (100ma or less) 9v pedals (Whammy can be powered nicely by 300+ma 9v, from what I can gather, so not an issue). Ideally I'd like a couple more outlets for possible additions to the board, so around 12 outputs total would be fab.

Cheers in advance,

Kieron

5a6db03eb1767_2018-01-2811_12_34.thumb.jpg.8e2dd48a7a7d428eada865e103083ae3.jpg

Not sure the Le Bass needs a full 1A? I think the 2Notes is spec'd at 500mA and it seemed happy enough with 12V and just 300mA (which I got from a single isolated output from either of my Ciocks DC5 / DC8 power bricks - both really well made and compact PSUs, but not the cheapest).

Yeah, I've seen the specs list it as 500ma, but the 1 Spot Pro only has 12v at 100ma, which isn't nearly enough.

The DC10 looks like a nice option, but I wouldn't be able to run all my pedals at once, as it looks like a couple of the output are either/or pairs? That's if I've understood how it works :D

The Ciokolate, now /that/ is an impressive looking beast...

It would be fine to daisy chain a number of your pedals off the Ciocks. @dannybuoy runs quite a large stable of pedals off his DC5 I believe.

No person experience of the Ciokolate, but there are a definitely a number of really good options out there.

If you want bags of power, worth also checking out the Strymon Ojai.

1 hour ago, LegateNaarifin said:

Yeah, I've seen the specs list it as 500ma, but the 1 Spot Pro only has 12v at 100ma, which isn't nearly enough.

The DC10 looks like a nice option, but I wouldn't be able to run all my pedals at once, as it looks like a couple of the output are either/or pairs? That's if I've understood how it works :D

The Ciokolate, now /that/ is an impressive looking beast...

Have you even tried it with the CS12?

VisualSound, the manufacturer of the 1 Spot Pro, say each socket is capable of delivering far more than the labels suggest and that you can ignore the labels on the individual outputs as long as you don't exceed the total for the entire brick. 

Edited by dannybuoy
  • Thanks 1

I think you were being very sensible to be cautious here. A key point to obviously check is whether your total current draw for the 2Notes and your 10 other pedals will be < 800mA. Remember the 2 Notes will happily soak up to 500mA if given a chance.

800mA? The CS12 can dish out 3000mA total.

I just remembered I emailed their support when considering a CS7 and this is what they had to say:

"We have had good responses from customers about the CS7 powering the Le Bass.  The Le Bass actually draws between 330 and 460mA depending on what channel is being used.  The only thing that is a little tricky is that it has a start up peak of about 800mA.  This is more current than the 12V out can provide consistently but it only draws that for a few milliseconds.  This may cause the CS7 or CS12 to flash or stutter for a second but then once the peak settles down it should work perfectly.   In theory, it’s possible that this start up peak could put the 1 SPOT Pro into thermal protection and shut down but that has not happened with the Le Bass, that we know of. 

We have been in touch with Two Notes about these and are sending them a power supply to test with their products.  So far, we haven’t heard of any issues."

36 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

800mA? The CS12 can dish out 3000mA total.

Says 800mA in the spec: https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/guitar-effects-power-supply/truetone-1-spot-pro-cs12-multi-pedal-power-supply?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj5PU16X72AIVxLftCh2EeQBbEAQYASABEgJPBfD_BwE

But I'm presuming that is therefore just referring to the max single output rather than the total from the pedal?

Edited by Al Krow

• 2 weeks later...