Why become a member? ×

Richard Bona yesterday @ Canary Wharf

Mike

Ok, who was there?

I was there about 3 hours before it started, unfortunately did not catch Richard & his band soundchecking!

Very nice venue, great place for a concert. The support, a group from Mali who came well recommended by a friend of mine were great.

RB's set started with some ballady numbers, then turned into a funkier affair. He was playing most of his "hits" from Scenes from my Life, Reverence & Tiki. Sound was good (though low bass & vox at beginning) and his band, as always, were on top form.

He got a great response, and the crowd wouldn't let him leave! He finally finished with a beautiful ballad to send us to sleep!

I have pics & videos I will hopefully post later today!

Regards

Mike

Hey mate, i was there, riiiiiight down the front lol.

It indeed was an awesome night, yeah his bass and vocals were quite low for the first tune, but the guitar was even lower right until maybe the 2nd from last song.

But Richard was definitely on top form, and his band were fantastic to, i have a lot of time for his percussionist!! Well all of them! Great trumpet player.

Well, gotta wait another year i suspect until he comes back :huh:

Si

p.s.
Would love to see the pics and vids Mike, my phone ran outa battery, so couldn't get any myself :)

Edited by Sibob

^my sisters camera has a massive screen and runs on AA batteries so when she went to see muse it packed up b4 she even got in! I actually have a horrible suspicion my new cameras gonna be like that. Anyway sorry for my boring ranting on about nothing, yes do upload pics.

Edited by EdwardHimself