Left leaderboard
D-L-B

Warwick Streamer LX Ltd 2008 4 string £950 SOLD
£1750

IMG_20190606_125400-01.thumb.jpeg.d97012c83f6d3e8381a1eeeecee2761f.jpeg

Relisted. Super cheap, last try.

Regrettably letting this go as it hasn't been touched in ages.

Excellent condition, only marks to speak of are some slight wear on the corner of the neck pick up from heavy handed playing, a small bump blemish on the headstock and side of body near the controls. I've chosen pictures that show these as clearly as possible, the bass looks great in the flesh.

IMG_20190606_125419-01.thumb.jpeg.10fbf9c1baa949ac93bfed7592b75ccd.jpeg
A plethora of tones at your fingertips with the myriad knobs available to twiddle.

Comes with non Warwick hardcase, authenticity certificate and wallet with truss rod tool etc...

Link: http://www.warwick.jp/products/made_in_germany/limited_edition/2008/

Any questions, just ask.

(no trades; that means you, Bass machine)

IMG_20190606_124714-01.thumb.jpeg.5ac369b75994c3a0e1c326f73bf2430b.jpeg

IMG_20190606_125750-01.thumb.jpeg.7beaf8c4e40aabb15a7c440e31520ddd.jpeg

IMG_20190606_125012-01.jpeg

IMG_20190606_124700-01.jpeg

IMG_20190606_125041-02.jpeg

IMG_20190606_125553-01.jpeg

IMG_20190606_125458-01.jpeg

IMG_20190606_125545-01.jpeg

IMG_20190606_124853-01.jpeg

IMG_20190606_124831-01.jpeg

IMG_20190606_125526-01.jpeg

IMG_20190606_125628-01.jpeg

IMG_20190606_125434-01.jpeg

Edited by D-L-B
Sold
  • Like 1

Wow that's very pretty! Which pups are they? They look MM size but the only ones I've seen Warwick use are shaped differently...

Listed on spec sheet as: 

"Active MEC TJ/TJ Pickups incl. 3 way toggle switch for selection"

I've added a link to the page now.

ah ok so twin jazz pup like in the bridge pos of my Infinity SN TCS. Cracking pups with a phat but hi-def sound

Yeah, look like the same thing but laid in fancy wooden covers. They do sound great, and very versatile too!

The controls are curious. I see the two smaller toggles are for coil selection on each of the pups but the larger toggle is a 3-way for pup selection?

strange as the pots seem to be: stacked volume/blend, mid, stacked treb/bass? is this right?

just seems weird to have 3 way toggle for pup selection and a blend pot. probably just me getting it completely wrong...

You're spot on with the controls. Seems like overkill but I suppose there's that one person out there that would find a use for it.

You're more current than me with Warwicks, is my price a fair starting point? Done a small bit of research and think it's in line with what's gone before. I'm reluctant to sell but it's a shame to sit on it so I thought I'd hang it out there and see if I get any interest.

wow that was a spot of luck lol.

Re. price, its very tricky esp with Warwicks. Yours is a rather unusual/rare one that is definitely a cut above the usual LXs and in very good nick.

It's rarity can demand a higher price for the right person but will also make people looking for a "regular" LX shy away as it will be almost 3 times the price.

It may be that advertising it on Ebay and or Reverb with International shipping available will help you find the right buyer for it due to their much wider and more global audience(no disrespect meant to BC)

On 05/08/2018 at 22:19, fleabag said:

No  hard case i presume ?

Will include a hard case. I'll get some pics up.

Guest Marcoelwray

High end Warwick are cheap these times....

Guest Marcoelwray
26 minutes ago, D-L-B said:

One last try.

You don't need an AER Amp One by pure hazard?

Guest Marcoelwray

I got a better idea: I make you a discount on a refinishing, you keep it, make new sales on eBay and reverb (and you will sale in the "almost like new" category)

You'll regret to sell this at this price.

39 minutes ago, Marcoelwray said:

I got a better idea: I make you a discount on a refinishing, you keep it, make new sales on eBay and reverb (and you will sale in the "almost like new" category)

You'll regret to sell this at this price.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Haha 1

On 06/12/2018 at 00:09, D-L-B said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

He's offering to refinish the wear on the bass so you don't have to sell it so cheap.

11 hours ago, Jack said:

He's offering to refinish the wear on the bass so you don't have to sell it so cheap.

No refinishing necessary. It's cheap because Warwick seem to be out of fashion right now.

21 minutes ago, D-L-B said:

No refinishing necessary. It's cheap because Warwick seem to be out of fashion right now.

I happen to agree, but I got the impression you didn't understand what Marcoelwray meant.

Guest Marcoelwray

Oddly, Rockbass aren't so cheap compared to new prices.

On Zikinf there is a custom shop streamer for 2200 euros.

With patience, I think reverb is a better place to sell such a beauty, it's definitely harder to get those in US.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72deluxe
      I am selling my Warwick Dolpin Pro II as I am just not using this, plus my wife has been made redundant.
      This historic bass deserves someone else to play it as it's great! There's very few of these around, from what I can tell. Very few in the UK anyway.
      The story behind these basses is that they were made by Warwick in Germany when Warwick was still small (before 2000). Warwick was too small to make them in great quantities so subcontracted to another company, which made items with bad necks and was selling these "out the back door" and thereby giving Warwick a bad name. So they eventually shut them down and moved production to Japan. This is one of the few that actually came from Germany, from what I can tell - 300 originally made I think?
      Unlike post-2000 Warwicks, this has a fairly thin neck. It has Just-A-Nut I on it (brass) where each string has an adjustable saddle to sit in on the nut. This is from 1990 so a super early one. Someone has done a bit of mix-and-match with the colour of the knobs (gold/black), tuners and bridge but I think it looks alright.
      Although the labelling has worn off the pickups, this has MEC pickups in it and a two-band EQ. Unlike some others, this DOES NOT have a passive toggle on the volume control so is active only all the time (9v battery at the back).
      This looks to have been bashed around before I owned it (perhaps it fell off a stand due to its awkward shape) so has spots of damage on the edge and a ding on the body that someone has filled. I've tried to photograph these as best I can, but it is nearly 30 years old, remember.
      Pictures and a demo video are available here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BNQtEDbgzp42jifoiISAjXjr3M3pUwrp
      Any questions please ask. I am just outside Worcester, Worcestershire and would prefer not to ship this as I have no case for it (didn't go outside the house) and I have no cardboard to package it. I am happy to drive up/down the M5 a bit if this helps you for travel purposes.
      If you feel this is priced too high, please make an offer.
      Cash or Bank Transfer please, ideally bank transfer when we meet.
      POLITE NOTICE: I've had timewasters on other sites like Gumtree and those that think this bass should be 20p or free due to it not being a Streamer / Fodera / a thru-neck / not made of titanium / more than they want to pay. I've had quite a few daft requests and people believing I should be giving this away because it doesn't quite fit with their hazy dream of an ideal bass, eg. it's not a thru-neck... I've had people not show up when they said they'd buy it and all sorts of clowns and jokers. Let's leave them at the circus!
    • By warwickhunt
      Warwick Streamer LX bolt-on - 1997
      That time of the decade for me to have a clear out.
      Solid 2 piece centre jointed Maple body with wenge neck and wenge fingerboard.  Body is in fair condition for 23 years old; a few scrapes, light rash and dings but nothing structural at all, all cosmetic.  Not a baseball bat neck, in fact quite slim with a headstock volute for strength.  Hardware has minimal tarnishing from 23 years of use.  Just over 9lb 2oz in weight.
      MEC pups and pre, all original inc brass JAN I nut (none of those silly plastic jobbies here).  No neck break, no truss rod faults, no electrical issues. 
      Comes with a Warwick gigbag 
      Extras - can swap gigbag to a Generic hard case for £20 extra or a Hiscox case for £40.  

• By warwickhunt
      I 'really' didn't think I'd ever part with this or be without a Thunderfunk (used them for almost 10 years) but I now use one of those new fangled full valve amps from Poland, so this needs to go to a new home.  Comes complete with a shallow Boschma flightcase; please note that this has a slide out perspex cover which I've modified to fir over the DI output pot and as such I've removed the rubber knob.  If you want to you could cut a wider slot in the perspex to accommodate the knob being fitted... I haven't bothered.    This is not a heavy amp for what it is and does, easy one handed lift.  Don't need any amps or cabs but vintage Warwick are always tempting!
      Thunderfunk Bass Amps are the direct descendants of the amp that Jaco Pastorius loved, the legendary AMP BH-420, improved, and handmade in the U.S.A. by Dave Funk.  Quieter than other amps, with TWO great sounding DI's, it's perfect for Studio or TV use.
      The Thunderfunk's tone is achieved by using high quality film caps in the preamp's signal chain... just like a high quality mixing board. Twenty-five times more expensive than electrolytics used in other amps, film cap's tighter tolerances maintain phase coherence through the amp, producing a focused punch unlike any other amp. Add two to three times the filter caps of other amps, you get a round, focused bottom that doesn't roll around the stage but instead projects into the room.
      Dynamic range is a function of power, transient response, and quiet. Thunderfunk purposely doesn't use toroid transformers as they've found they don't sound as good as the old-fashioned "EI" iron. And to reduce hum, they add a "hum-bucking" wire across the transformer to inject hum into the preamp's ground cancelling the radiated hum achieving an amp quieter than an equivalent toroid powered amp. With their unique "SS/Tube Switch" you'll be able to choose from a super clean solid-state tone for slap and double bass playing, to a gutty, warm, tube-tone for all the rest.
      750-watts RMS into 4 Ohms
      "The Switch" with indicator LEDs
      New Mute Switch with indicator LED
      Limiter
      Aural Enhancer
      4-Band Parametric Equalizer
      Timbre Control
      Headphone Jack/Line Out
      Line In
      New Pre-EQ Balanced DI Output
      Post-EQ Balanced Output w/Level Control
      Ground Lift Switch for both XLR's Out
      40,800uF Supply Filter for Deep Response and Increased Mids Clarity
      AC Signal Coupled to Reduce Input Pops
      Pre-EQ Effects Loop
      Post-EQ Effects Loop
      Jacks by Switchcraft and ADC (of Minnesota)
      2-1/4 in. speaker outputs
      2-Speakon outputs +1/-1
      Aluminum Chassis
      Weighs only 17 pounds
      Time Delayed Turn On
      Quiet AC Power Switching
      100/120/220/240v operation
      Quiet and reliable
      Auto-Fan with Backlite!

• By MDWagstaff
      Hi all, 
      For sale here is my Warwick Triumph Lite (Rockbass). It's hardly used but does have a couple of dings which I've included in the photographs. Comes with the body attachments. 
      Looking for £700 (oto) or maybe willing to trade for a similar value Yamaha BB2004 or similar 

Collection from Wigan or can meet within reason.