Why become a member? ×

Squier Deluxe Jazz 5er

bassjamm

+4

I have a thread on here"I bought a new bass...." I have just taken delivery of one of these and it is simply brilliant! I cannot sing its praises enough. Great bass great neck well assembled but could do with a new bridge and machine heads if you picky like I am.

The neck is wide with full 19mm spacing but it is comfortable to play and the neck is flay but wide. I would seriously recommend trying one. It may also be worth visiting talkbass, there is a huge thread there about them and loads of people singing their praises!

Let me know if there is anything else you want to know, I can talk all day about this bass.

Took delivery of my olympic white one two weeks ago.
Been running it in on gigs and so far my initial thoughts were confirmed.
Its a great bass for stupid money. My new Boss tuner and a set of strings cost half as
much as this bass.

My regular bass is a Stingray 4 string , and I don't particularly miss playing it.

The string spacing is wide and is not like a Jazz at all but still very playable.
With minor tweaking you can get a very low action

The sound is good with good variation in tone though not quite a Marcus Miller Jazz tone

main disadvantage for me is the weight but then I've played Status for years.
Also the Machine heads are crap, mine was delivered with a broken peg so I got a discount ( after fully checking the base for other damage)
and replaced them, which I was going to do anyway.

The finish is very good but I would check each one as build quality may vary

I recently sold my status 5 string (to pay the mortgage) and I'd say this jazz is close on its heels.

[quote name='bassjamm' post='329631' date='Nov 15 2008, 12:57 PM']I'd like to have a tinker with one for sure, as well as a Jazz 24, they look pretty cool too!!![/quote]
Try one before buying it - if the neck's the same as the Precision Standard V (the nut is the same width), it's clunky. Which is fine if you like clunky but I don't.

[quote name='tauzero' post='332077' date='Nov 19 2008, 09:59 AM']Try one before buying it - if the neck's the same as the Precision Standard V (the nut is the same width), it's clunky. Which is fine if you like clunky but I don't.[/quote]

The necks not clunky at all , its wide and not that thick for a 5 string
Thats why its getting good reviews