Why become a member? ×

Sandin Wilson - what do you think ? I like it.

dmccombe7

After follwing the Jaco V Marcus debate i thought i'd post this guy. Plays with Gino Vannelli but this is his sol album from a few years ago. Genuinely very nice guy that i corresponded with when looking for his album. He sent me loads of freebies including unreleased recording of both himself and Gino.

His mate is Jimmy Haslip. I like the way he includes fantastic bass playing with some great songs. This is more the kind of bass i prefer where its not just the bass playing that's the focus.

Added 2-3 songs to let you hear the different styles he uses.

What do you think. ?

• Thanks 1

Sandin does the bass and vocals on his solo albums and does backing vocals with Gino Vannelli. He generally plays 6 string basses. If you like that you should have a listen to Gino's album Brother to Brother. Heres a wee clip from it below. Think Jimmy Haslip did most of the bass on this album if memory serves me right.

Sandin Wilson is a terrific player, he has been around quite a while. His playing with Gino Vannelli was top draw.

As far as I know, he is not with Gino Vannelli anymore. Another terrific player has been doing that gig, Damian Erskine, who is also worth checking out. (his uncle is Pete Erskine).

Think you are right enough. Sure i read that somewhere. Damien also an incredible player.

Sandin sent me quite a few FOH desk recordings of various gigs but he asked me not to share as he didn't want into any trouble with his bosses LOL

Dave

• Thanks 1