Why become a member? ×

Status Energy

jmanfunk

This bass has been on quite a rollercoaster with me. I've sold it, bought it back, put it up for sale only to keep it etc. but my rig needs a further injection of cash as does my Sei bass which needs new electronics so this is [u]most certainly[/u] for sale.

For a bass which is 10+ years old, it's in [i]very[/i] good condition. There are a few very minor marks on the body mainly on the main contact areas on the back and a slight depression over the neck pup where the previous owner rested his thumb. It plays flawlessly with very little fret wear and the set up is low; very low without any audible buzzes. Exactly what you'd expect from a Status. Electronics are all in working order too.

Comes with fresh Elixir Nanoweb strings and a Status padded gig bag.

Its an early nineties model with-

[list]
[*]Walnut nody
[*]Graphite neck
[*]2x Status hyperactive J style pups.
[/list]

More pics on request.

Cheers guys,

Jay

Edited by jmanfunk

[quote name='Smash' post='327105' date='Nov 11 2008, 09:10 PM']Really nice piece of wood and graphite there, what is the difference between this model and the Matrix is one thru neck?[/quote]

This should answer your question- well, Nick a.k.a. Doctor Bass clarified this over on Statii.com

[i]"The Matrix range first appeared around about `90 and consisted of the following models:

1. Matrix Energy - bolt-on graphite neck with walnut, mahogany or cherry body - active treble boost eq. Normally had two J pickups.
2. Matrix Series I - thru-neck (graphite), normally a P + J config although Rob also did a J + J system, stacked bass and treble EQ.
3. Matrix Series II - basically a Series II with the headstock!
4. Matrix Empathy - top end model with `Powerband' midrange EQ (stacked frequency+cut/boost), plus stacked bass + treble - 11 piece body with matched front and rear facings!"
[/i]

So this is a Matrix Energy technically.

Edited by jmanfunk