Why become a member? ×

SOLD Wal MK I 1985 English Olive Ash facings
£4200

Kevsy71

I'm surprised this hasn't sold, though I see that there has been lots of interest.

Wal are boutique basses but they do seem to produce a lot that look alike. I had one with the Padua facings which was pretty much indistinguishable from many of the others I've seen. For £6K+ I would have thought that you'd would want something that's "a bit different".

This is only one, or possibly two, that I've seen with the Olive Ash facings, so not only do you get the unique Wal tone you get a "fairly unique", definitely very rarely seen, Bass. I would have thought that would be owners would be diving in to rip it out of your hands especially as those seen on eBay are generally much higher priced.

I don't get it!! O.o

• Thanks 1

I had a bookmatched fretted/fretless pair of Olive Ash Mach1s made for me in the mid 80s, sold both a while back when desperately in need of money, and now probably irreplaceable. TheGreek probably saw one of mine, as yes, quite rare, distinctive and gorgeous tone! Good luck with your sale, the buyer will be a lucky guy/gal!! 

Edited by MoJoKe
  • Thanks 1

• MoJoKe locked this topic