Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The new Status....

doctor_of_the_bass

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='326584' date='Nov 11 2008, 11:05 AM']Here's an old git demoing the new Status Kingbass - he's not bad for a baldie!

[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qqTy17MfBgc"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qqTy17MfBgc[/url]

Hehe![/quote]

From one bald old git to another that sounds pretty damn good :)

Steve

[quote name='steve-soar' post='326813' date='Nov 11 2008, 03:02 PM']I think the good Doctor was going through the Mark Bass rig.[/quote]

That is correct Steve. The bass was put through a Little Mark II head, two rear ported Mark cabs (4 x 10 and 1 x 15) - eq set flat, VLE in off position, VPF at 2 o'clock. The bass does mimic a Jazz bass (on steroids!) in many ways and given that the guy filmed it on a phone, and that there was a lot of background noise, it still sounds pretty good!

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='326618' date='Nov 11 2008, 11:34 AM']Hmmm. What were the eq settings and rig? It sounds a little more open in the lower mids and a little more lo-fi than other youtube recordings of the KB Mk 1. In some ways it reminds me of a T-bass.[/quote]

Funny you mention the T-Bass - part of the reason Rob decided to put J style p/ups on the MK-II was because Mark loves the sound of his own T-Bass. I think the bass really stands up as an all-rounder, not just as a slap/pull instrument (obviously it scores highly in that dept!) - the long scale neck works wonders with the 16.5mm spacing!

Edited by doctor_of_the_bass

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='327227' date='Nov 12 2008, 12:54 AM']part of the reason Rob decided to put J style p/ups on the MK-II was because Mark loves the sound of his own T-Bass.[/quote]
In which case I don't understand why Mark isn't playing T-basses...he has played jazzes and jazz shaped Goodfellows.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='327233' date='Nov 12 2008, 01:12 AM']In which case I don't understand why Mark isn't playing T-basses...he has played jazzes and jazz shaped Goodfellows.[/quote]

Good point - however, having spoken to Rob about this some years ago, Mark felt the need (back in 2000) to get involved in actually designing a bass from the `ground up' (as opposed to using tried and tested standard models) - hence the original Kingbass and now, 7 years later, he has had itchy fingers, hence the MK-II

It's all good marketing stuff isn't it.....

Hey Nicko...... nice of you to let Mr. King have a go on his own basses first for a change :) :huh:

Cracking tone mate..... nice chops, When ya gonna get some propper Doc clips on Youtube ? After all you were one of the first "Mark King Clones" to get the stuff down pat !

England Expects !!!!