Why become a member? ×

Poss refinished Precision

Roger2611

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Precision-Bass-73-MIJ-Reissue-case/152764653054?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Looking at this on Evilbay today, the sellers feedback score looks legit but have a look at the neckplate picture, i am pretty sure the neck plate is not original but that's not exactly a major issue however looking at the paint around the plate it has definitely had paintwork of some form or another and by the looks of things not to a very high quality yet nothing is mentioned in the text for the add!

Can't make my mind up if it has been another colour at some point. I can't see why where its chipped, it would be darker? I know Fender USA used to paint over other colours but I've never heard of MIJ doing the same? Some of the paintwork looks dull that maybe poorly polished cellulose? If it's cellulose over polyurethane, it could have reacted and that may also account for the lumpy bits around the neck plate.