Why become a member? ×

Cleaning the manky crap from basses

arabassist

[quote name='neepheid' post='325778' date='Nov 10 2008, 11:03 AM']In my opinion lighter fluid (naptha) evaporates too quickly to be absorbed in any meaningful way. I have no qualms about its use in this context, save for the usual safety considerations whilst actually handling/dispensing the stuff out of the tin.[/quote]

I'd agree, but judging from the picture it made your tuners dissolve...

Ped- WD40 is pretty good for cleaning phenolic/ebanol boards. It's a strings off job, use it sparingly and wipe it off thoroughly using something absorbent like kitchen towel. Made mine come up like a (black) mirror!

I find i get a good shine on pretty much anything painted (body, back of neck etc) with lemon oil and it feels pretty sweet on the back of the neck, but it doesn't last long, takes off grime and fingerprints though. Can't say i've tried it on my textured finished SUB basses though, i don't really need to. Brings the oiled finish on my tobias out pretty nicely too.