Why become a member? ×

TRADED. Please remove. Selmer Twin Bass 30w valve head 1966. £135. Pics added.
£140

itsmedunc

I bought this recently on a bit of a whim as it was Selmer (what's not to like!) and it's my Y.O.B and now I'm getting an itch for a larger valve head. Stupid really for someone who has sought for the tiniest usable bass setup for years! It's the micro head of the time though. It's very small for a valve head 30.5x18.5x8.5 cm approx . 30w of power into an 8ohm load. Point to point wiring. Not heavy, I've not weighed it but it feels less than the TB500 I used to own. Think they are 12lb. Many differing opinions on giggability, here and on the net. Boils down to the type of band and cone area in my opinion.

Two channels. Very clean warm sound with my JV P 57.

I've had it serviced by Dave Pye of Lancaster (formerly from Fulwood, Preston). He changed a couple of bits and bobs that were causing a weird sound on higher volumes and cleaned the crackly volume pot (which still isn't 100% but assures me it will be fine with more use). It's not bad though.

May trade for higher wattage valve head or Barefaced cab, Midget or Compact preferably. Reasonable amount of cash your way. Also, have a few other things up for sale/trade to throw in the mix.

Would be about £15 to post or collection and demo from Blackburn, Lancs (preferred as I'm not too sure about shipping valve gear).

Please note that I do not have an 8ohm cab here. You would have to bring your own or use my 4ohm, which I've been assured is OK to do so.

Will get more pics up if needs be.

Edited by itsmedunc