Why become a member? ×

SOLD! £775 Spector Rebop 5 DLX - with EMG upgrades
£850

benh

Hi guys,

Unfortunately as we all know life gets in the way sometimes and I’m giving up playing for a while. New car acquisition and general family expenses means I’m (reluctantly) selling my last remaining bass, as could really do with the cash at the moment!

2013ish Spector Rebop DLX 5 string in cherry red. I took out the rather bland passive EMG Hz pickups and replaced them with an active EMG 40DC in the bridge position, and an active EMG 40CS in the neck. I’ve also replaced the original tone pump pre with an EMG BQC system wired at 18v. The original pot covers were a little plasticky looking, so I replaced those as well with some rather fetching black metal ones. All in all I’ve spent around £230 in upgrades I think, well worth the money in my opinion - sounds fantastic.

In great condition, neck plays like a dream. I’ll be sorry to see it go, but she’s too nice an instrument to be sat in a case unplayed.

Can pick up in person if you’d like a cup of tea and a play - only have access to my little practice amp at home though. Alternatively I’d be willing to meet you halfway within reason. There’s also the option of a courier - this isn’t included in the price above.

Having camera issues momentarily! But pics to follow shortly.

Thanks for looking!

[UPDATE] My camera is not working so phone pics will have to do for now I’m afraid. If you’d like any more, PM me and I will send you some. Thanks!

Edited by benh

Another bump - pretty much Euro spec at a Rebop price!! As stated above unfortunately I could do with the money at the moment, so if no interest this week I’ll list on eBay too after the weekend.

Hi, yes I did the pickup work myself. No modifications necessary to the body as the dimensions are exactly the same as the original Hz pickups. The preamp is the older style BQC, I emailed EMG to confirm this is the same as the newer style “quik connect” system, but soldered connections all round. The pickups were brand new and do have the “quik connect” connections - so I used the connectors that came with the pickups instead of the original input wires on the preamp. The idea for this was so if I decided after the pickups were installed I wanted them the other way around, they are much easier to swap :) also worth mentioning, configuration of knobs is volume/volume with a stacked knob for treble/bass and another for mid cut or boost/sweepable mid frequency. Any other questions let me know! Thanks