Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

New: Sign up and get 20% off tickets for the London Bass Guitar Show - and we'll see you there!

matski

*SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* Status S2000 fretless 5-string - FINAL PRICE DROP
£1400

Fellow Basschatters,

I am reluctantly putting my Status Graphite S2000 fretless 5 string bass up for sale. It really is quite a lovely thing, but it's not getting the use it deserves.

It's actually quite a rare bass, as some have said that Status never actually produced a 5 string version of the S2000, however I have attached a pic of a specsheet for the S2000 range and it does mention a 5 string version. I did once contact Status and enquire and the reply from Rob was "maybe it's an early Stealth?" which was quite vague really.

The colour of the bass is transparent green over the graphite weave, the body is a hardwood composite with carbon fibre overlaid, the neck is obviously graphite, the pickups are Status Hyperactive high-resolution and it is switchable between active and passive settings. Warning: due to the 18v active circuitry this bass is extremely loud! Usually I run it in passive mode with the volume rolled right back, to be honest. The fretboard is lined phenolic resin, and I have been reliably informed that it would be no problem to have it regretted if desired.

Weightwise, it comes in at bang on 4kg, or if you prefer, 8lbs 13oz. It comes with the original Status flight case - unfortunately, as is common with these, the foam inside the case is beginning to biodegrade somewhat so would need replacing at some point.

I would give it an 8.5 out of 10 for condition - there are a couple of small dings and some minor surface scratches on the back of the bass - nothing that affects playability in the slightest. I have attached pics so that you see what I mean.

The bass is located (as am I) in Warsaw, Poland. International shipping is absolutely no problem for me - I have sold a couple of basses on BC before and shipped them to England and the buyers were most impressed with my OCD approach to packaging and safeguarding the basses.

No trades I'm afraid, sale only.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks for looking.

PS: Forgot to mention I have a spare set of Status double ball end strings that I will throw in too.

post-5569-0-21488900-1506362723.png

post-5569-0-30512000-1506362763.png

post-5569-0-30591300-1506362699.jpg

post-5569-0-36670100-1506362705.jpg

post-5569-0-39311100-1506362756.png

post-5569-0-67363400-1506362715.png

post-5569-0-86617500-1506362749.png

post-5569-0-98668200-1506362742.png

Edited by matski
bass is sold now

Still no love for the Status? :(

Any particular reason why not? Is the price too high? Is a fretless Status of no use?

You could be right.

However, I suppose location comes into play too - yesterday I advertised it locally and I've already got 2 guys who want to come and take a look at it tomorrow. :D

It might be worth loading some images of this - fabulous basses and I still play my old SII more than pretty much everything else.  An image would give some indication of whether this is a S2000 of Stealth too.   I know that things are slow so maybe try the Statii forum too?

Oops! Pictures got deleted during the Basschat overhaul... Looks like I'd better reload 'em!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By chris_b
      My Sadowsky Metro RV5 Jazz is now for sale.

It was built in 2005, a 3 tone sunburst with tort pick guard. There is some player wear on this bass.

In mid 2017 I had Martin at the Bass Gallery give it the once over. He tweaked a few things and did a set up and fret stone. It now plays beautifully. The pre amp (incorporating the VTC) creates that huge Sadowsky tone. The frets are in top shape and the neck is straight and very stable. Currently strung with DR Nickel Lo-Riders 45-125.

Specs are as follows:
      - 34” neck
      - Alder body and maple neck with Morado fretboard
      - Sadowsky hum cancelling J pickups (60’s location)
      - Sadowsky 2-band pre amp, VTC and true bypass passive switch
      - 21 frets
      - 19mm spacing @ bridge
      - nut width 1.875"
      - Radius 12"
      - Dunlop straplock buttons
      - weight is 9lb 6oz (4.26kg)
      - Includes original Sadowsky soft case

Controls are:
      - Master volume
      - Pan pot (pickup blend)
      - Treble roll-off (VTC) pull for passive option, ie pre-amp true bypass
      - Boost only tone controls
      - Stacked bass and treble (bass at the bottom)

All my gear lives in my smoke free back room and this bass has always travelled to gigs in my car.

I bought it from Basschat in March 2017 because I'd always wanted a Sadowsky Jazz after playing several at the Bass Gallery. This is a reluctant sale of one of the best sounding basses I've owned, but due to shoulder and back issues I need to move to a lighter bass.

If anyone wants to try this bass PM me and we can work something out. I can post (at buyers expense) and can deliver within 50 miles of Kingston upon Thames, or further if I'm going that way.
      The only trade I would consider is a Sadowsky NYC weighing less than 8 1/2lbs. Apart from that bass, this is sale only.
      I prefer cash or bank transfer in that order.
      No international shipping. UK sale only.

Edited because my original photos have been hi-jacked and taken hostage by Photobucket. More photos available on request.
    • By IvD
      Now 350 pounds. Take it away!
      I'm selling a Korean made active 5-string Fender Jazz Bass

It has a few cosmetic issues which do not affect playability in any way: there's a small chip off the lacquer on the headstock as well as a missing knob for the mids (the upper half of the stacked knob), both of which can hopefully be seen on the pictures.

Active 3-band EQ, mid scoop switch and active/passive switch (push/pull on the volume control) make this one versatile bass with lots of tones to mess around with.
      Control cavity has been shielded and is fitted with a brand new jack.
      The bass comes with a Gator hard case.

Reason for selling is that I need the money for a P-bass.
      And so possible trades for Fender P's or ideally, P/J's

Bass is in Manchester. As I have no car I would prefer for it to be collected. Happy to answer any and all questions regarding the bass.

Full specs:
      • Jazz Bass® 24 V (5-String) 
      • Model Number 026-1000-(552) 
      • Series Deluxe Series
      • Tobacco Sunburst, (Polyurethane Finish) 
      • Body Alder with Quilt Maple Top
      • Neck Maple, Modern “C” Shape, (Satin Polyurethane Finish)
      • Fingerboard Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241mm)
      • No. of Frets 24 Medium Jumbo Frets 
      • Pickups 2 Seymour Duncan® Basslines™ Single-Coil 5-string Jazz Bass Pickups
      • Controls Master Volume, Pan Pot, Duncan Designed BEQ3 3-Band Active EQ with:
      • Treble Boost/Cut: +/- 15dB @ 5.1kHz,
      • Mid Boost/Cut: +/- 14dB, -15dB @ 650Hz,
      • Bass Boost/Cut: +/- 12dB @ 30 Hz,
      • Mid-Scoop “Slap” Switch: 
      • Bass Boost +5dB @ 83Hz, 
      • Mid Cut -5dB @ 633Hz
      • Pickup Switching Pan Pot 
      • Bridge 5-Saddle Steel Bridge Plate
      • Machine Heads Hipshot® Licensed Tapered Shaft Tuning Machines 
      • Hardware Chrome Plated
      • Scale Length 34” 
      • Width at Nut 1.875” (47.6 mm)
      • Weight is approx. 4.55-4.6 kg or between 10 and 10.1 pounds.

• By Dolando
      Hello,
      I've decided to move this bass on as it doesn't get played as much as it deserves! It's a top spec bass and sounds incredible with so many different tones. If you are looking at this you know the cost of Warmoth parts and the quality that comes with it. It cost me £1300+, not including import fees etc to put this together. 
      It's in great condition, not a mark on it as far as I know. It has had a fret dress and full setup done on it. The Deluxe 5 neck comes with an asymmetric neck profile along with it's 17.5mm string spacing make it comfortable to play and easy to get around on.
      Here's a link to what Warmoth say about the neck - Deluxe 5 4+1 Bass Neck
      Here are the specs;
      Warmoth Deluxe 5 neck and body (with contoured heel) Swamp Ash body with Zebrano top Wenge neck with ebony fretboard and matching headstock face 44.45mm nut width Pearloid Block inlays Stainless Steel frets 34" Scale, 22 frets 10" fingerboard radius Hipshot A Bridge in Brass (string through) 17.5mm bridge spacing Hipshot Ultralite Tuners Nordstrand Pickups - MM5.4 (quad Coil) bridge pickup + NJ5 Jazz neck pickup Nordstrand 3b-4B, 3 band Pre Amp Vol, Blend Bass, mid (selectable mid on push/pull) and treble +/- Passive Tone Active passive switch Series/single/parallel switch for music man pickup Hipshot knobs - Only negative about this bass is some of the rubber rings have perished over time Finished in Tru-Oil £900 including UK postage or you can collect from Manchester 
      Trades possible - 5 strings - interested in Warwick,Sandberg and Dingwall basses, but open to others. 
      Any questions then please ask, 
      Adam

• By Frank Blank
      Fretless Modern Player Jazz Fretless.
      Alright, I give up, someone make me a reasonably sensible offer...
      Never gigged, rarely played. Fender didn't make the a fretless version of this bass so I had this one modified and fitted with an Mexican Fender fretless Jazz Bass neck (with fret markers), neck alone cost £270, absolute bargain. Neck fitted and Pro Set-Up by Guitar Technical Services.

• By lowregisterhead
      For sale is my ACG Finn headless. It has an interesting past, in as much as the body and neck were made by Alan for a friend, and weren't intended to end up on the open market, hence the slightly non-standard appearance.
      It has a Black Limba body with some lovely striping and a trans purple finish, routed for standard pickups with lugs, as opposed to the usual ACG pickups. Maple asymmetric neck with a birdeseye maple board, 35" scale, and a John East Uni-Pre with low battery indicator, as well as two micro switch positions, currently plugged. It came to me with some unidentifiable pickups in it that hummed like hell, so I fitted a pair of Delanos, which fixed the problem, and frankly they sound a lot better too. There are a few small marks and scratches here and there, but nothing of any significance. There are no issues with the neck, the frets are all in good order, and it plays beautifully, with a powerful sound, loads of sustain and clarity, and huge tonal variety from the Uni-Pre.
      The only reason I'm selling it is that I don't really get on with the asymmetric neck - all my other basses have standard neck profiles and just suit me more. You're welcome to come and try it out in person - I'm based just off the A3 between Woking and Guildford, close to junction 10 of the M25.
      Sorry, but I'm not looking for any trades.