Why become a member? Read more... ×
matski

*SOLD* *SOLD* *SOLD* Status S2000 fretless 5-string - FINAL PRICE DROP
£1400

Fellow Basschatters,

I am reluctantly putting my Status Graphite S2000 fretless 5 string bass up for sale. It really is quite a lovely thing, but it's not getting the use it deserves.

It's actually quite a rare bass, as some have said that Status never actually produced a 5 string version of the S2000, however I have attached a pic of a specsheet for the S2000 range and it does mention a 5 string version. I did once contact Status and enquire and the reply from Rob was "maybe it's an early Stealth?" which was quite vague really.

The colour of the bass is transparent green over the graphite weave, the body is a hardwood composite with carbon fibre overlaid, the neck is obviously graphite, the pickups are Status Hyperactive high-resolution and it is switchable between active and passive settings. Warning: due to the 18v active circuitry this bass is extremely loud! Usually I run it in passive mode with the volume rolled right back, to be honest. The fretboard is lined phenolic resin, and I have been reliably informed that it would be no problem to have it regretted if desired.

Weightwise, it comes in at bang on 4kg, or if you prefer, 8lbs 13oz. It comes with the original Status flight case - unfortunately, as is common with these, the foam inside the case is beginning to biodegrade somewhat so would need replacing at some point.

I would give it an 8.5 out of 10 for condition - there are a couple of small dings and some minor surface scratches on the back of the bass - nothing that affects playability in the slightest. I have attached pics so that you see what I mean.

The bass is located (as am I) in Warsaw, Poland. International shipping is absolutely no problem for me - I have sold a couple of basses on BC before and shipped them to England and the buyers were most impressed with my OCD approach to packaging and safeguarding the basses.

No trades I'm afraid, sale only.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks for looking.

PS: Forgot to mention I have a spare set of Status double ball end strings that I will throw in too.

post-5569-0-21488900-1506362723.png

post-5569-0-30512000-1506362763.png

post-5569-0-30591300-1506362699.jpg

post-5569-0-36670100-1506362705.jpg

post-5569-0-39311100-1506362756.png

post-5569-0-67363400-1506362715.png

post-5569-0-86617500-1506362749.png

post-5569-0-98668200-1506362742.png

Edited by matski
bass is sold now

Still no love for the Status? :(

Any particular reason why not? Is the price too high? Is a fretless Status of no use?

You could be right.

However, I suppose location comes into play too - yesterday I advertised it locally and I've already got 2 guys who want to come and take a look at it tomorrow. :D

It might be worth loading some images of this - fabulous basses and I still play my old SII more than pretty much everything else.  An image would give some indication of whether this is a S2000 of Stealth too.   I know that things are slow so maybe try the Statii forum too?

Oops! Pictures got deleted during the Basschat overhaul... Looks like I'd better reload 'em!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By samuelcroberts
      Lowdown Basses custom 6 string fretless for sale. Lowdown basses are built by Chicago bassist/luthier Tim Seisser, who is a small but fantastic bass builder based in the US. I've owned this bass for over a year and have gigged it a lot, but just don't quite get on with it how I thought I would. Beautifully made, plays great, sounds great, looks great, but my requirements have changed somewhat for several reasons.
      This bass is based on the 'catacomb' design that Skjold basses use a lot. It has a multi-layer body - top and back are solid, centre piece is solid but thin-ish, largest layers are heavily chambered. This creates a middle ground sound between solid body and hollow. Essentially a heavily chambered body, but done so with a solid central core. More details on the Lowdown site: http://www.lowdownbass.net/custom-series-sold/qqrk2ppsmg8uattu5gsd7r89sd741h
      There are a few signs of wear - the top of the body near the back (see pics) has a couple of dings in. Purely cosmetic, but they are there.
      Also a note on the one piece ramp/pickup cover - this originally had a 4 black screws with small heads. These weren't quite up to the job and were pulling on the wood layers of the ramp so I replaced them with larger headed screws and nylon washers on top and underside. This doesn't look as beautiful as it could do, but can easily be altered. This was just my originally fix and I never found reason to change it. Functions absolutely perfectly.
      Controls are: Vol/pickup blend, passive tone w/ pull to engage passive mode (passive tone is in parallel and can be used in active or passive mode), Mid boost/cut with freq. selector, treble/bass stack cut/boost. Mini toggle switches turn on/off 'turbo' mode on the Nordstrand Fat Stacks. Not 100% what this is, but it makes it a bit louder, fatter and noisier! Nordstrand say 'This will result in a meaner version of the large tone these pickups deliver — albeit with 60 cycle noise that single coils inherently posses.
      Looking for £1700 ono all things considered, but open to offers. Will provide a Mono vertigo gig bag with bass. Based in Birmingham if you would like to come a give it a blast. Can ship fully insured at buyers expense, but would prefer collection. Can arrange meeting half way etc. if necessary. A lovely bass that deserves more use!
      I will consider trades (with a bit of cash either way) for something like a Rob Allen Mouse or similar, possibly a nice jazz or other fretless. Also willing to trade for quality EUB (BSX Allegro etc.). Willing to listen to offers, but sensible ones please.
      Thanks for looking!
      SOUNDS:
      Specs:
      - 33" scale 6-string fretless bass
      - 17mm string spacing
      - Figured Myrtle top
      - Black Accent Veneer
      - Multi Layered thick body w/Chambered Butternut core pieces
      - 3 pc center body laminate of Walnut/Bloodwood/Walnut
      - Figured Claro Walnut back
      - Bolt-on one piece Quartersawn maple neck
      - Gabon Ebony fingerboard with 24 Bloodwood lines, 16" radius
      - One piece Bloodwood top Ramp/Pickup cover with Butternut base and Walnut/Bloodwood accent layers
      - Nordstrand Fat Stacks with Single Coil/Hum Canceling Stack tap switches
      - John East U Retro Preamp. Bloodwood cavity cover
      - Hipshot A Bridge and Ultralite Tuners
      - Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks
      - Ebony nut
      Originally strung with TI flats, but have been using DR Sunbeams on it for a while. Both sound good and obviously offer their own voice. Bass isn't particularly light or heavy - will weigh if you want!

• By benh
      NOW SOLD
      Hi,
      Bought this on a whim from eBay as I really fancied trying one. Lovely bass, made in Japan I believe somewhere between late ‘80s - early ‘90s. I believe there is a way to check with the serial number, alas I haven’t been able to find it. These retailed for quite a bit IIRC when new, the 2nd hand prices really don’t reflect the quality of these. Really well built instruments.
      This is a 5 string SB310 range, it has a brass nut with quality Gotoh tuners, all original. In great condition other than a small mark at the back of the headstock (shown in pics). Other than this it’s in great condition, especially for its age. I haven’t done anything to it except play it since I bought it so could probably do with a fresh set of strings of your preference and a set up. Comes with used but perfectly usable hard case.
      Reason for sale is that it’s just not getting played, don’t think the Mrs is very happy with it being bought and just sat there! Don’t want to make anything on this of course, I bought it for £250 including postage but happy to take £225 posted. EDIT: now £215 posted.
      Any questions, please ask via PM.
      Cheers!

• By basselfman
      It's sexy it's got a 4 band eq similar to the bongo and both active and passive electronics.

some people will think it's ugly some will think it's amazing I think it's both!

4.3 kg so pretty light for a big 5 string, feels balanced with a very fast neck.

theres a small light scratch on the back other then that in perfect condition with plastic still on scratch plate. Used in studio only.

IT NEEDS TO BE SOLD TO A GOOD HOME, send me an offer...

if youre local to cambrige you can come have a look at it. Any questions please ask!

as an extra you'll get a spare 90 pound music man official humbucker with it! i ordered in through Ernieball with a supplier so it's the real thing but I think it was not working?? Or I couldn't make it work,.? No idea. 

• By mustafunk1
      Ramsay fretless bass 6 string  For sale or Trade,
      Is in perfect condition 10/10
      Spec: Single-cut thru neck construction with chambers
      Scale 34
      Nut 52mm nut
      Bridge  :  16.5mm 
      Weight  :  4.4kg
      Body  : Swamp Ash
      Top :  spalted maple
      Neck Nato/maple
      Freatbord  :  Ebonol 
      Pickups  : Ramsay dual-coil hum-cancelling
      Preamp RMI 3-band EQ Active and passive mode 
      The bass is located in barcelona,spain
      Shipping with insurance ok
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvQgu52brVE

• By TorVic
      *Price drop* GBP 1899 (including shipping by registered courier ) 
      Zon Sonus Special with numerous extras (listed below) In excellent condition. Will ship in a generic hard-case from The Hague, NL. (My feedback history: http://basschat.co.uk/user/17989-torvic/)Spec: http://www.zonguitars.com/zonguitars/sonusspecial4.html
      Body
      Material: Two-piece select swamp ash core with bookmatched Bubinga top.
      Finish: Flat satin (gloss available at extra charge)
      Color: Natural. 
      Neck 
      Type: Composite, bolt-on design 
      Scale length: 34" 
      Finish: Flat urethane
      Fingerboard: Phenowood w/side dot markers
      Radius: 12"
      Nut: Graphite
      Frets/size: 24/medium 
      Width at nut: 1.532" 
      Width at 24th fret: 2.437" 
      Electronics
      Type: ZB2 active system by Bartolini. 
      Functions: Master volume, pickup blend and stacked bass/treble control. Boost/cut +/15dB.
      Power requirements: Single 9-volt battery 
      Life expectancy: 2500 hours of continuous use.
      Pickup 
      Make: Exclusively designed for Zon by Bartolini.
      Type: Neck: narrow aperture, passive, linear single coil design. JB style shell. 
      Bridge: narrow aperture, passive, linear single coil design. JB style shell.
      Hardware
      Bridge: ZON. Machined brass.
      String spacIng .750"/19mm (string-to-string center)
      Tuners: Gotoh GB-7
      Finish: Chrome
      * Extra options: http://www.zonguitars.com/zonguitars/bassbuilder/index_ss4ss5ss6.htm
      Clear gloss  $475 Fretless with lines $150 Black hardware $175 Hipshot Bass Xtender $200 EQ Midrange w/3-pos Switch $150 Total $6695