Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Gedo 3/4 Double Bass- upgraded- 2 weeks old
£700

For sale is a two week old Gedo Double Bass that has had a string upgrade and comes with gigbag and Hercules Stand. Unfortunately my old wrist injury has finally put an end to my DB playing, so this has to go.

[color=black]In addition, I have been let down on the sale of an acoustic guitar and could really do with the funds. [/color]
[color=black] [/color]
[color=black]I took delivery of this from the Gedo factory only a few weeks ago. The model name is the KBALHVVS which comes with the following specs:[/color]
[color=black] [/color]

[color=black]3/4; size[/color]

[color=black]Solid Spruce Top[/color]

[color=black]Laminated back and sides[/color]

[color=black]Antique Matt finish (very nice indeed)[/color]

[color=black]Ebony fingerboard and end piece[/color]

[color=black]Tirolean Machine heads[/color]

[color=black]Set up with 9mm action on the E string, 7.5mm on the A, +mm on the D string and 5mm on the G.[/color]

[color=black] [/color]
[color=black]I have had it checked out and it looks and plays very well. The bridge sits nicely and the sound post seems to be very snug too. I am absolutely no expert I hasten to add, but a friend in "the know" gave it a good once-over and a nod of approval. It comes in a lovely Antique Natural finish and looks amazing.[/color]

[color=black]The original strings (also included) have been replaced with Thomastik Spirocores (Weich) on the E and A strings and Pirasto Evah Pirazzi hybrids (low tension) on the D and G. The total cost for the restring was £170.[/color]

I also ordered a custom-fit Ben Bastin wooden endpon to improve volume and sustain (great bits of kit).

[color=black]Also included is a superb Hercules Double Bass Stand which cost over £60.[/color]

[color=black]The total cost for this bass and upgrades (excluding postage) was just over £950.[/color]

[color=black]While I am not willing to take a bath on this, I do want it gone, so I have priced this at £700 and it can be picked up from either Monmouth or Bristol.[/color]

[color=black]The photos are not my bass, but it is identical and I will put pictures up as soon as I can.[/color]

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

Thank you, that's great.
I think I definilty want to come see this bass..
Just out of interest, what is it set up to play?
I'm new to this, but I'm looking to play blues and rockabilly..
If it will slap good then great. If not I may need to take in to concideration if I need new strings and a set up.

Thank you kindly
Tom

That bass looks lovely. Nice colour & finish :)
I've heard nothing but good reports about Gedo basses,
And if I was looking for a DB at this moment in time, I'd be off to look at this right away

Old Horse Murphy is a genuine sort, and top BC'er - buy in confidence folks
Sorry to hear about your wrist injury mate

GLWTS - this bass really shouldn't be around long
It's like a new Gedo, with good upgrades, but cheaper, and without the wait for one to be shipped

Edited by Marc S