Why become a member? ×

Sound (WARNING: Science content)

I wonder if anybody might be interested in this short series:

[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08h06tq"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08h06tq[/url]

I'm just working my way through it ATM. It's a bit technical if physics isn't your thing (although possibly a bit lowbrow if it is :ph34r: ), but may be worth a couple of hours of your time if you want to know more about what's going on when you're strutting your stuff.

Unfortunately - for me at least - it doesn't really explore what goes on after the wave hits your cochlea (which for me is by far the most interesting bit).

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1500536916' post='3338472']
I wonder if anybody might be interested in this short series:
[/quote]

I watched the one on last night.

Nicely done, a little melodramatic at times - I don't like it when a science programme mixes fact and fiction too freely alongside each other. One segment was about a lady had suddenly gone profoundly deaf. Very sad it was, no doubting that, but the intro to the piece was a lot of wobbly shots of the lady with some weird noises going on in the background. Were the noises what she now hears ? Or just some drama ?

And if you're going to demonstrate resonance using Barton's pendulums then give the man his props, eh ? I think he deserves it :)

Edited by ahpook