Why become a member? ×

Sold please lock
£225

krispn

After another pedal board re-jig this superb unit is up for grabs

FEA are very highly regarded pedal builder from the USA using the finest components with a bunch of features to make this a stand out Fuzz pedal. The quality of the build is evident in particular when the pedal is engaged it makes no hiss or any of that nonsense. This is a superb unit which not many folk may have heard of and it's packed with cool features to tailor the pedal to your style/rig

FEATURES:

DRIVE control to adjust the fuzz signal gain for depth and sustain.
BITE control selects the point where the "photon clipping" engages upon the signal.
LEVEL adjusts the fuzz output level.
LOW and HIGH boost/cut EQ controls for the fuzz tone.
ACTIVATE foot switch places the Photon Fuzz in the signal chain or in buffered Bypass mode.
OCTAVE foot switch activates a post fuzz and EQ octave-up type of distortion.
OCTAVE control adjusts the level of the octave-up distortion when activated.
DRY control sets the level of the clean dry signal to be mixed with the fuzz distortion.
ACNR (Active Coring Noise Reduction) control sets a dead zone around the zero crossing in the amplitude of the fuzz signal. This allows for no dead zone, to a small zone for noise reduction, to a wider zone for a gated fuzz effect.
Two DIP switches provide three selectable pre-fuzz high-pass filter frequencies of 55Hz, 110Hz and 220Hz.
Two DIP switches that select the octave distortion high frequency cut-off for full-band, 4KHz or 500Hz.
Two DIP switches that select the dry signal blend high frequency cut-off for full-band, 1.6KHz or 160HZ.
The power supplies onboard voltage charge pump allows the circuitry to operate at 18volts (+9 and –9 volt rails) from a single 9 volt battery or 9 volt DC power adapter. This allows the signal plenty of headroom from active electronic guitars and aggressive playing techniques.
The "switch on" power supply current is less than 1µA (micro amp) on the signal ground at the INPUT jack. This is approximately 45,000 times (-93dB) less than the commonly used method of connecting the battery's negative terminal to ground via the sleeve of the plug inserted into the INPUT jack. The "switch on" sensing method used in the FEA PHOTON FUZZ keeps nearly all of the circuit's generated white noise and transient currents out of the INPUT stage signal ground. Extreme measures have been taken to keep the power and signal paths as clean as possible.

'' For bass players there is a dry level blend. The blending of a dry signal with the fuzz is useful to restore the lower bass frequencies that can get masked with heavy fuzz. This blend control is also very useful for players that want to retain their instruments natural sound and only need a bit of fuzz to cut through a dense mix. The dry signal has two low-pass filters that are selectable from the DIP switch located on the back of the circuit board. This allows the user to run the dry signal with the full audio spectrum or with the higher frequencies filtered. The filters have cut-off frequencies of 1600Hz and 160Hz."

The full blurb is available from the link below as is the manual.
http://www.fealabs.c...s/PHF-0002.html

This pedal does a great lower gain thing too and the Brett Kingman video on you tube demonstrates this pedal far better than I could describe it.
*Note that he is demo'ing the Mk1 pf the pedal for sale is the mkII*

https://youtu.be/xaJZsIwIlR8

Not after any trades just now as my pedal board is doing everything I need it to plus I've no room left on it. Even the tuner has been relegated to sitting on the floor!

Pic of the pedal and the back of the base plate with all the info on the dip switch positions etc...

Edited by krispn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And still isn't. I think folk are put off by the price and the unknown quantity that is FEA Labs. If this pedal was a Fuzzrocious, EQD or a COG creation there would be all sorts of scrambling to get a hold of one.. It is the quietest pedal I think I've heard heard. Not one sizzle of white noise or hum when engaged. Looks like Im gonna have to get into a proper heavy band just to use this beast!

It's a sleeper alright, I'm sure it would sell much quicker on TB! I was on the waiting list for a v1 for years but production stopped for a few years due to health issues. Then I was glad I waited because the new ANCR knob is worth the upgrade to v2 alone as it lets me replicate the sound of my TAFM!

Edited by dannybuoy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • MoJoKe locked this topic