Why become a member? ×

Bongo 5 HS SOLD
£1000

Pinball

An amazing bass as the addition of the front coil makes this incredibly versitile. A nice weight so a great instrument to use live or for recording. Also the slight sparkle and pick guard really catches the lights so it looks great on stage.

This one is pretty much unmarked and comes with a fitted hard MM hard case. It is a lot of bass for the money

Trades? I'm not looking for another bass but if you have something intresting feel free to try me. I can post withing the EU at cost or your welcome to collect and to come and give it a try.

Youtube demo of the HS in action :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om-5vgbpkBs

[attachment=248655:Bongo4.jpg]

[attachment=248656:Bongo2.jpg]

[attachment=248657:Bongo3.jpg]

[attachment=248658:Bongo7.jpg]

[attachment=248660:Bongo6.jpg]

[attachment=248661:Bongo1.jpg]

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='MDWagstaff' timestamp='1499543497' post='3332135']
Wish I had a spare £1k...

Where is it based?
[/quote]

Near Bristol. Pinball's a nice guy and knows his onions - buy with confidence :)

Thanks for all the interest and trade offers. I'll update the post at the top to refelct some of the questions.

[quote name='falling_in2_infinity' timestamp='1499715059' post='3333129']
I'm really interested in this!
In terms of the overall condition, how is it where it counts (fret condition, pre-amp pots, set-up and neck quality, etc)?
[/quote]

Super smooth positive operation, no crackles. The action is great. The body and neck are as new. Being super critical there is one park on the end of the point of the headstock if you look at it end on but it isn't nociible from the front (see pics). I did find one thing though. A chip is missing off the front corner of the compensated nut at the G side but the stiing is solid and it's not sonically significant. In terms of overall condition it is pretty much in showroom condition. The MM case does have signs of use but is in good condition. Maybe I should keep it, my wife says I'm allowed :)

The reason for sale is that I already have a Stingray and although I feel that this HS is a better bass in terms or array of sounds I'm a stingray man at heart.

Edited by Pinball