Why become a member? ×

Music in Spain

JamesBass

So I have an interesting opportunity to maybe move out to Spain, however before I go or even consider going I need as much information about the music scene there as possible.

In terms of location the whole of Spain is open, although the main opportunity is South Eastern Spain in the region of Murcia. I have visited the country many times and I speak the language to a decent level. I do and will travel if needs be to either the music or the job. Eventually the plan is to make music my one pursuit once I'm in Spain and more settled. So all help is appreciated!

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1499344264' post='3330854']
I've a pal lives in Totana,Murcia so I'll ask him what it's like.
[/quote]
You're joking!? I have family in Aledo, about 10km up the Sierra Espuna! It's potentially the area I'd initially be based in, but I'm also considering Barcelona, Valencia and Madrid

I spent a week in Barcelona last autumn and during a lot of wandering around the bar and restaurant areas only found one place that had live music. There seemed to be no music scene of that type. I

Conversely, I know someone who retired out to Malaga and keeps himself busy playing in a rock covers band. Most of his band mates are Brits, and from what I can tell so are his audiences!

Barcelona was jumping when I went there a couple of years back. For instance there were at least half a dozen acts perfoming in Gaudi Park.
All of them very good indeed. If you get the chance to catch five foot fingers they are also a great show. And Spanish.