Why become a member? ×

Sale or Trade: Marshall VBC412

The_D

Finally decided to get rid of my VBC412. Been trying (not very hard) for a little while now. Its the 400W@4ohm jobbie and is damn loud. Surprisingly the tolex is still in great nick but it has lost a castor along the way so I removed the rest. Will obviously include these in the sale or trade. Its just too big to hump to and from gigs so looking for something smaller to pair with my 2x10.

Would take £150 or a trade for a 2x10 or possibly 1x15. Either would have to be rated at 4 ohms to match the rating from my Ashdown Superfly.

It would be easier if you were at least from Scotland but could ship. Would prob cost more than a small African nation to do that though 'cause of the size.

Can get some pictures for anyone interested on Sat night as its up in the pub we practice at.

Cheers mate. I'm fed up with it just sitting there doing nothing.

I foned up guitarguitar about a trade in but they only offered £100. Really dont think its worth letting go at that. £150 is about as low as I am prepared to go :)

[quote name='colinmk' post='323811' date='Nov 6 2008, 10:47 PM']Any chance of a picture mate? How do you reckon it would sound from my ampeg svp-pro? I'm looking for a sound that will cut through.[/quote]

I dont keep it in the house so will be Tuesday now till I can take more. I didnt take any before cause there was no interest plus I got quite drunk last saturday when I was in the pub its kept in :) I will have a look through any gig shots to see if I have any from when I was using it.

I cant say for sur ewhat it will sound like through an SVP as I have never had one. Its fairly boomy through my Ashdown but they are renowned for being quite woollie so its not much to go on. If Pablo chimes in again he used to use the very same cab through the Marshall Valve head and loved it. He only sold it (AFAIK) because he wasnt gigging at the time.

Edited to add:

With my old H¦H head unit.

Will take some clearer ones on Tuesday.

Edited by The_D

Aye thats right I only sold it due to the colapse of ma band at the time. It sounded great through my old marshal head and when I had a cheeky shot of it a month or so back with my current pre/power setup no 'boom' as such just plenty good low end.

HTH

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='The_D' post='346571' date='Dec 5 2008, 04:05 PM']This thing is still for sale and I really need rid of it! Someone must need a monster like this surely?!

C'mon people! Will meet anyone in Scotland halfway for a pickup if that helps.[/quote]

Sorry to get your hopes up, but I'm just wondering about your bass... Is that an old Aria or Westone? Looks nicely '80s from here...

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Chipps' post='349762' date='Dec 9 2008, 03:01 PM']Sorry to get your hopes up, but I'm just wondering about your bass... Is that an old Aria or Westone? Looks nicely '80s from here...[/quote]

Just noticed this post as I wasnt on much in December. Yeah its a '83 Westone.

Was due for a bump anyway cause its still here!

[quote name='Jarhead' post='381546' date='Jan 15 2009, 05:43 PM']If only you lived in England, because i have the 1x15 version of this cab and would be willing to trade you for it. Don't suppose your down in the Midlands any time soon?
Zach[/quote]

Nope never been down there and wont be any time soon ;)

• 1 year later...