Why become a member? ×

White Fender Jazz, Wickham, Hants, £256

This might seem a bit sketchy but it's 3rd hand from a buddy who was in the shop. Hopefully pics to follow.
White Fender Jazz four string, ebony board, dark scratchplate, 2008 model. I'm describing from pics I've seen but am unable to upload.
Chesapeake Mill Antiques, Wickham, Hampshire.

Just in case anyone is going to make the journey, I was there Sunday...

The only one I saw there was a white 2008 Mexican Jazz with a mirror scratch plate...could it be the same one?

It's now at £465 with a soft case.

...and yes as already said, the cafe there is excellent!

Edited by CH161

The condition was good actually. Nothing wrong with it that I could see and I did pick it up to have a look.

I don't know what happened regarding the price? whether it was cheaper when your friend saw it?

I hadn't been there before and after reading your post I thought I'd have a look as I was passing.
It's not the sort of place you'd expect to find something like that. I didn't see any other musical instruments there.

For the benefit of others, the cafe is vegan so no dairy. I had a coffee with almond milk which was actually very nice, and possibly the best piece of dairy free cake I've had.

:)

Edited by CH161

[quote name='Steve Browning' timestamp='1499262422' post='3330370']
I almost hightailed it right there after reading the original post but caught myself thinking 'but I don't even like Jazz basses' and so didn't. I was thinking I was possibly missing out on a bit of a deal but it would seem not.
[/quote]

Yes indeed. I suspect someone told the seller it was underpriced, or they did a little internet research.

Hard to find a second-hand shop bargain these days!