Why become a member? ×

Akai Unibass

Dubs

just seen this - [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Akai-UB-1-Unibass-Harmonized-Bass-Distortion-Pedal-UB1_W0QQitemZ170274410308QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170274410308&_trkparms=72%3A1432%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Akai-UB-1-Unibass-Ha...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

I think this guy is being at least 100% too optimistic. I bought mine mint off this forum for about £75 a couple of months ago. I know these aren’t as sought after as the Deep Impact, but maybe he doesn’t?

Edited by benwhiteuk

i think people are expecting the price boom like the deep impact, but i dont think its gunna happen, theres nothin special about these pedals really, i dont regret selling mine, although i cant actually remember who i sold mine to...

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='318244' date='Oct 30 2008, 11:33 AM']Does the pedal first pitch-shift down, then distort the signal, then mix it back into the original unchanged signal? So that you get an interval, with one of the notes of the interval being distorted?[/quote]

I don't really get what you're saying, but I'll do some sound clips later...

Couple of options..... you can add a 5th above and vary the amount of distortion applied to the 5th.... and you can also add a 4th below to give you a full power chord type sound.... with distortion.... and you can then send these to a separate output so not to muddy your original bass sound.... it's well worth the money

[quote name='crez5150' post='318253' date='Oct 30 2008, 11:42 AM']Couple of options..... you can add a 5th above and vary the amount of distortion applied to the 5th.... and you can also add a 4th below to give you a full power chord type sound.... with distortion.... and you can then send these to a separate output so not to muddy your original bass sound.... it's well worth the money[/quote]

Thanks all. This makes it clear. I'd like to hear the sound clips mentioned in the previous post too, as it sounds like it will be a monster sound if done properly.

Bought one of these off someone on here the other week. I use a separate amp for the octave signal as well as a whole other effects chain after it. In my opinion it sounded horrible by itself. I wanted it to sound like a guitar and it just sounded terrible. However, once i'd sent it to another amp with some other distortion pedals and careful eq it sounded amazing.

Spent £90 on mine boxed with instructions and PSU. Don't think they're worth more than £100 or so really at the moment. May well go up in a year or so though as many have said. They seem to be going for a fair whack over on Talkbass and Ebay US already though.

Edited by joegarcia

[quote name='BassManKev' post='318306' date='Oct 30 2008, 12:41 PM']i personally hated the disortion that was built in, but it sounded superb through a big muff and a boss metal zone[/quote]

+1

I think the distortion sounds pretty sh*t but the octave shifting stuff can be pretty funky.

Here's a quick sample I just did on the girlfriends laptop (sorry for the sh*t bass sound :wacko:)...

[attachment=15407:unibassmp3.mp3]

The first sound is my clean bass sound, then it's the uni bass with the distortion high in the mix, then I cut the distortion, then I clicked in the "Modify" with the upper 5th, and the last sound is the "Modify" with the lower 4th. I probably could have made it sound better...