Why become a member? ×

Trace Rig Feeler

[attachment=15482:trace_rig.jpg][attachment=15324:DSC_0044.JPG]

Hi All,

After getting the news that we have our visa for Australia, its feeler time for some bass bits.

I am after a bit of advice on their worth to start with, (to save transporting them half way around the world) so if any one is up to date-ish on what 2nd hand Trace gear goes for, I would appreciate any advice.

Trace rig comprising of the following.

1 x Trace Elliot RA300 stereo power amp
1 x Ashley BP41 pre amp
Both the above are in a heavy duty 3u flight case
1 x Trace 1048 (4 x 10)300w cab
1 x Trace 1028 (2 x 10)300w cab with heavy duty flight case ( you can just see the top of the flight case in the pic)
1 x Trace 1518 (1 x 15)300w cab

The 1048 was made between 1989-1993 the 1028 would have been mid 80's According to those nice people at Trace (you know the ones with the red stripes and tolex type material)
All with battle scars, (but these do not affect their performance in any way)

= 1 Very loud rig.......

cheers

Gary
NEW PICS ADDED TO GENERATE A BIT MORE INTEREST!!! (PAMMY NOT INCLUDED)

Edited by originalfunster

That 2x10 looks a very interesting little beast; I've not seen one that size/spec before. Could you give more details? Looks more like half a 4x10 than any Trace 2x10 I've ever seen.

FWIW I love the old pre-Kevlar Trace cabs; I've yet to pay anything I like as much. If only someone would reproduce them in a 45lb package!

[attachment=15360:DSC_0076.JPG][attachment=15359:DSC_0069.JPG]

It is half the size of the 4 x 10, 300w 8ohm circa mid 90's.
It is an original cab made by Trace, and not a cut down 4 x 10, I have inc a pic of the rear showing serial and model number, also inc one showing the flight case for it.
Not sure what else I can tell you other than that though, I am sure there is a Trace boffin out there that can give us more info.

[quote name='4000' post='317914' date='Oct 29 2008, 08:28 PM']That 2x10 looks a very interesting little beast; I've not seen one that size/spec before. Could you give more details? Looks more like half a 4x10 than any Trace 2x10 I've ever seen.

FWIW I love the old pre-Kevlar Trace cabs; I've yet to pay anything I like as much. If only someone would reproduce them in a 45lb package![/quote]

[quote name='originalfunster' post='317968' date='Oct 29 2008, 09:48 PM'][attachment=15360:DSC_0076.JPG][attachment=15359:DSC_0069.JPG]

It is half the size of the 4 x 10, 300w 8ohm circa mid 90's.
It is an original cab made by Trace, and not a cut down 4 x 10, I have inc a pic of the rear showing serial and model number, also inc one showing the flight case for it.
Not sure what else I can tell you other than that though, I am sure there is a Trace boffin out there that can give us more info.[/quote]

Thanks for that. Maybe it was one of the first 2x10s they did? (- ah, doubtful; mid 90s) Very interesting either way.

Edited by 4000

I have done a bit of searching and come up with this link

[url="http://www.trace-elliot.co.uk/support_3.php?flag=GB&lan=UK"]http://www.trace-elliot.co.uk/support_3.ph...g=GB&lan=UK[/url]

go down to the Discontinued Product Catalogues bit and have a look at the heading "speaker cabinets" the 1048 cab says 1992. The guy I brought the rig from said he brought it new about mid 90's. Maybe he meant early 90's?
Maybe I should edit the date untill someone can confirm what year they would be from?

[quote name='4000' post='318128' date='Oct 30 2008, 08:20 AM']Thanks for that. Maybe it was one of the first 2x10s they did? (- ah, doubtful; mid 90s) Very interesting either way.[/quote]

Back on the subject of the 2x10 I've checked through all the brochures dating back to the MkV and there's no mention of it. The XLR sockets also look like the pre-amps and amps of the Mk4 era.

So it's either pre-1987 cab or a later custom made one. I'd probably guess at the former though.

[quote name='Trace_n_bass' post='319769' date='Nov 1 2008, 07:02 PM']Back on the subject of the 2x10 I've checked through all the brochures dating back to the MkV and there's no mention of it. The XLR sockets also look like the pre-amps and amps of the Mk4 era.

So it's either pre-1987 cab or a later custom made one. I'd probably guess at the former though.[/quote]

Hi Trace,

Yep got an email from Trace, and they said it would have been about mid 80's for the 2 x 10, and between 89-93 for the 4 x 10

[quote name='originalfunster' post='324417' date='Nov 7 2008, 07:11 PM']Well despite my best efforts of luring you in with the Pammy pics, I have had lots of views but little interest.

So anyone know roughly what would be a realistic price for this little lot on e-bay?

Thanks

Gary[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
With or without Pammy? :)

[quote name='originalfunster' post='324452' date='Nov 7 2008, 07:57 PM'][attachment=15709:normal_johnbrady0.jpg]

Just for you MB :huh:
But dont show no one else![/quote]

MB1. :)
Blimey!...Press the enlarge button and these AH 250s become 350s! :huh: .

[quote name='Wayward-Wanderer' post='324496' date='Nov 7 2008, 08:57 PM']That is the nerdiest thing i have heard on this forum.

Trust bassists. :)[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
Frightening innit?
Got more chance of getting my hands on a Trace Top! :huh:

[quote name='4000' post='324522' date='Nov 7 2008, 09:34 PM']Nice woofers!

How heavy is the 2x10, and how is it as a standalone cab?[/quote]

Will get the scales out later and tell you, but as with all trace gear its gonna be heavy compared to other cabs.
It has never been used as a standalone (by me anyway) because it is a stereo amp I use the 2 x 10 with either the 1 x 15 or the 4 x 10

cheers