Why become a member? ×

you all convinced me to buy the EHX bass microsynth

unimpressed alf

ive been browsing this forum for a while (mainly at work...) and decided to sign up and register but to the dismay of my lovely wife

anyroad, gear and that?

i play a red fender jag (with matching headstock - ever so pretty) with modified pick ups, most notable being the music man style bridge pick up. This goes through a dod envelope filter and a big muff (i love my big muff!!) and now more recently an EHX bass microsynth - which im still getting to grips with, Ill post my pedal setup under the thread for pedal boards later - ive got some questions about it anyway

bandwise ive most recently been playing with a band that no1 has ever heard of called hayabusa, which is a kind of experimental metalish progish type affair with some electronics thrown in for the crack - hence the BMS

before that i was in A Boy Called Doris which was mint - essentially indie pop but there was a bit more to it than that (honest! - thats what all indie bands say...) which enjoyed moderate success of a single release this time last year but were unable to keep up the momentum and ended up splitting up about a month ago - which was very sad really (but not in the alan partridge sense)

so thats me really (i could go into my influences and all that but wont bother - unless you guys are particularly interested), im new to this whole bass forum thing but ive been playing bass for about 10 years now which makes me feel somewhat old...

cheers for reading

Alf

x

[quote name='Telebass' post='317926' date='Oct 29 2008, 08:51 PM']Ignore them, nowt wrong with a bit of indie-pop...is there?

Welcome! And, believe me, you're not old...

:)[/quote]

cheers telebass

nowt wrong indeed - aslong as you enjoy what your playing and beleive your playing it well - im not normally one for pigeonholing music into the boxes we call genres but sometimes that the easiest way to describe generally what something sounds like without writing a whole essay on the subject - personally i prefer music that takes a much more mix and match approach

Welcome :huh:

[quote name='Pissman' post='317202' date='Oct 29 2008, 12:22 AM']Welcome to the forum!

Indie pop eh? There goes my respect for you :huh:[/quote]
dude, sort your avatar out, like seriously :)

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='mewsie' post='318019' date='Oct 29 2008, 10:57 PM']i like indie pop :)

i possibly like experimental metalish progish type affairs too, but i am not convinced i have ever experienced any.

welcome to the forum!

x[/quote]

theres some rough recordings of my new band on [url="http://www.myspace.com/hayabusaband"]http://www.myspace.com/hayabusaband[/url]

the tunes have come along quite abit since they were recorded - most noticably theyve got some bass on them now!

would be interested to hear what you think

x