Why become a member? ×

Pros and Cons of MU Membership

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1494850772' post='3298944']

They're hiring a self-employed music teacher. This is the whole point of portability of the DBS check, and the update service. Again, a quote:
[color=#515151][size=4]
[size=4][i]The DBS Update Service lets you keep your DBS certificates up to date online and allows employers to check a certificate status at any time.[/i][/size][/size][/color][color=#515151][size=4]
[size=4][i]This system means that whenever you start work with a new employer or contractor, rather than applying for a brand new DBS Certificate, the employer can go to the DBS website to confirm if anything has changed on your record since your last certificate.[/i][/size][/size][/color]
[/quote]

The start of that section on the site clarifies again that you are only allowed a basic check as a self employed person which as you say isn't good enough.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1494850060' post='3298938']
...it saves having to have a check done with several LEAs. My cousin when she first qualified 6 or 7 years ago had to get one for each LEA that she taught through. Where she lived was on the border of 4 counties, so 4 DBS checks.
[/quote]

"LEA" = Law Enforcement Agency right?

I am not thick but there are many "LEA"s when you look. There is another thread however where I am being made out to be thick or less than normal somehow so I'll forgive you if you think I am too.

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1494855161' post='3299018']

"LEA" = Law Enforcement Agency right?

I am not thick but there are many "LEA"s when you look. There is another thread however where I am being made out to be thick or less than normal somehow so I'll forgive you if you think I am too.
[/quote]

Local education authority.