Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ashdown ABM 212T 800 Watt Cabinet with DAS Audio P12 Drivers, SOLD
£165

[b]*** Now SOLD ***[/b]

Hi Folks

This is an [b]Ashdown ABM 212T[/b] (2X12) cab that's been upgraded with two 400 Watt, 8 ohm, [b]DAS Audio P12[/b] 12" drivers to make for an ever better sounding bass cab that delivers a very clear, very punchy and very deep bass sound that will take a lot of power and give a great sound even at high volumes!

I'm looking for [b]SOLD[/b] for this or very near offer.

Here's a few photos:

[attachment=243882:IMG_20170115_155329.jpg]
[attachment=243883:IMG_20170115_155543.jpg]
[attachment=243884:IMG_20170115_155522.jpg]
[attachment=243885:Das Audo P12-8_2.jpg]

[b]Description: [/b]I originally bought the cab without any speakers in it about a year ago on Gumtree, and then purchased the two, high-quality DAS Audio drivers to put into it after doing a bit of research on what drivers to use.

My aim with this little project was to not only get a great natural bass sound, but also - knowing how good these drivers are - to get a great bass sound even when using lots of FX with my bass which I sometimes do.. Well, that was the aim I had at the beginning and I can definitely say that to my ears at least, it was achieved, because the cab sounds really good even when using octave pedals, bass synths etc. In fact, I A/B'd this against the SWR Triad that I sold recently and I thought this sounded better than the Triad, something that really surprised me because I've been a fan of the Triad for years (as some of you will now).

As well as the two 12" drivers, this cab also has a tweeter with a three-way switch (high/low/off) which adds a little sparkle to the top end of your sound and is great for any slap bass players out there! At the back, the rear panel has connections for one speak-on input and one jack input (please note though; one of the two jack inputs isn't working). Other than that, it's all in good working order though it does shows signs of having been well used and well gigged!

[b]Reason for selling: [/b]As good as it sounds, I'm selling it because I find it a bit too heavy at 70 lbs for me to lift these days - ever since I put my back out at the end of last year at work. So now that I've bought a lighter cab, I'd like to sell this on to someone who can make good use of it and also, so that I can recoup some of what I've spent on it…

[b]Price:[/b] All in all, I've spent about £200 on this so I'm asking for [b]£165.00[/b] or a very near offer.

Potential buyers are very welcome to come and check it out first and to hear it in action whilst being plied with plenty of tea/coffee/biscuits and chat! :) Equally, I'm happy to ship it if that's required? .

Anyway, thanks for looking and if you've any questions, please send me a message and I'll do my best to answer them.

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

[b]I know some people prefer wood laminate ............ but I`m pleased to see that you`ve had `coconut Ice` fitted for your flooring ........[/b]

[b]good luck with the sale nik![/b]

[quote name='jhk' timestamp='1493058306' post='3285287']
[b]I know some people prefer wood laminate ............ but I`m pleased to see that you`ve had `coconut Ice` fitted for your flooring ........[/b]

[b]good luck with the sale nik![/b]
[/quote]

That really made me chuckle, Jon!

It's the basement floor actually and we paid top dollar for that 'coconut ice' look, I'll have you know! 😁

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1493060337' post='3285314']
Whoah, that's an 800 watt rms cab. Those DAS drivers are real pro. A single one costs what Nik is asking for a pair in a nice Ashdown cab. http://www.toutlehautparleur.com/das-p12-8ohm.html

Bargain!
[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying that for me Stevie; I thought the drivers were 300 watts each for some reason?? I'll amend the original ad later..

And yes, those DAS 12" drivers do sound fantastic!

Nik

This looks great. I've got the single 12" Ashdown Mi-bass cab which has been modified with a 500w 4 ohm speaker and is a great cab but yours looks like it could go very loud!

Just to be clear, is this a 4ohm cab, i.e. 2 x 8ohm speakers?

Also what do you think it would cost to ship?

[quote name='Davy' timestamp='1493120258' post='3285732']
This looks great. I've got the single 12" Ashdown Mi-bass cab which has been modified with a 500w 4 ohm speaker and is a great cab but yours looks like it could go very loud!

Just to be clear, is this a 4ohm cab, i.e. 2 x 8ohm speakers?

Also what do you think it would cost to ship?
[/quote]

Yes, it's a 4 ohm cab made up of 2 x 8 ohm drivers.

Shipping would probably be about £25 i guess, but i could get a more accurate quote if you gave me a location..