Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Superfly Boxed

rumour6

Hi there, clear out continues... Ashdown Superfly Digital bass Head. 2x250W at 4Ohms (there are two speakon outs each one driven by its own amp).
This is unmarked, boxed with rack ears, bag, strap(s) (don't know why there are two... :)
Easily loud enough to gig. I can't find the original manual but happy to download one and stick it in the box.

£100

Below is a stock pic if you don't know what it looks like.

[attachment=15158:superfly.jpg]

I got an iAMP setup from Tayste and can't use anything else now.... fair spoilt... and lovin' it :huh:

I'm in Edinburgh and work in Glasgow if that helps delivery wise.

Thanks for looking

Andy

Edited by rumour6

If only I had enough money that didn't need to get me a cab as well, because I literally earlier this week bought a Warwick head off here. Its a shame, because i would have bought this in a second. Looks like im going to have to wait to get a job before i can start buying everything lol.
Zach

[quote name='ste_m3' post='314239' date='Oct 24 2008, 11:22 PM']Does this suffer from the Humming that a lot of them do?[/quote]

Hi there, 'hum' wise i'd say yes.. they all do to an extent...what it is is that you can hear the digital power supply 'working' as the sample rate is a tad too low.... Ashdown did the design, but our friends in the far east fabrcated it to a price.... if your cab has a horn and your hearing is extended enough you'll be 'aware' of it... if no piezo horn you won't hear a thing. even if your cab has a horn you'd only be aware of it in a quiet room: you'll never hear a thing at a gig. Hope this helps.
There are no issues with it at all: i've used it at gigs before i got the iAMP with an EBS 2x12 and a Yammy 2x10 with horn in venues up to about 300.

[quote name='rumour6' post='314319' date='Oct 25 2008, 02:06 AM']Hi there, 'hum' wise i'd say yes.. they all do to an extent...what it is is that you can hear the digital power supply 'working' as the sample rate is a tad too low.... Ashdown did the design, but our friends in the far east fabrcated it to a price.... if your cab has a horn and your hearing is extended enough you'll be 'aware' of it... if no piezo horn you won't hear a thing. even if your cab has a horn you'd only be aware of it in a quiet room: you'll never hear a thing at a gig. Hope this helps.
There are no issues with it at all: i've used it at gigs before i got the iAMP with an EBS 2x12 and a Yammy 2x10 with horn in venues up to about 300.[/quote]

I think these amps get a fair amount of undue abuse. I have used mine solid at gigs for the past 2 years and it is fine. Sure as a bedroom amp at REALLY quiet volumes it may get a bit annoying but not at a gig.

Not gonna buy it from ya mate but thought I would at least stick up for the powerful little beast. At £100 you prob wont find anything as good.

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='ste_m3' post='314239' date='Oct 24 2008, 10:22 PM']Does this suffer from the Humming that a lot of them do?[/quote]

MB1. :)
Only if you go near it with your hearing aid on!.......or you play in a Smiths tribute band :huh:

Pardon....
Is it Sold?????
Pardon....

Edited by MB1