Why become a member? ×

Warwick Fortress Masterman
£550

Guest Jecklin

Guest Jecklin

Bass is now sold.

I love this bass so, so much, but only have a use for fretless in my current musical settings.
I have often thought about defretting this, but the consensus was to keep it fretted and preserve the wenge fingerboard.

So my ideal situation is this -
I'd like to trade this bass plus cash your way (my budget allowing) for your fretless musicman stingray H 4 bass (ideally 3eq version) in a black, natural or some form of brown burst finish.

Or a trade plus cash my way for a Ray 34 fretless in the same colour variants as above or a USA Sub in black only ( either fretless or fretted with view to de-fret). Cash aspect open to negotiation.

Failing the trade options it would be a straight sale - £550

Warwick Fortress Masterman

Maple body in French violet finish - this is a brown colour.
Wenge neck and fingerboard.

Frets have plenty of life - I use groundwound strings, but will string this up with rounds for demoing.

Single pickup with two separate jazz coils with bass and treble controls for each!! Amazing tonal variations using the eq and blend.
It has a musicman-ish quality to the sound, but is unmistakably a Warwick.

This bass is from the early 2000's but is unusual as it has wenge for the neck as opposed to the ovankol used at that time.
Apparently it was done as a one off as production had ceased on this model a few years before.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:238098]

I'll upload more detailed pictures in due course along with measurements etc.
Bass comes in a Warwick gig bag.

The bass is in London and I'm looking for a meet up trade.

Cheers
Thomas

Edited by Jecklin

Guest Jecklin

Just spent an hour composing a new piece and used this bass.

Big mistake!

Jeeez it is so nice.
I play with a very light touch, but had some louder sections, this thing BARKS when pushed.

Photos coming asap with better light

More than unusual, that neck doesn't appear to have a volute either, so it looks like it is a neck from the early/mid nineties that never got used. What year is it? (last 2 digits of serial, can't quite make out). It looks like 05?? Which would be very interesting :)

Also TRC states its a Fortress One, which of course it isn't, its a Masterman as you say.

Edited by Kev

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jecklin

I have sourced a fretless replacement so this is now for sale only.

There is a bit of a queue for people wanting to try this in March.
PM me for more details.