Why become a member? ×

The Future of Wal...

MoJoKe

I have longed to read the thread on walbassesnaturally back in July suggesting they may at last go back into production.

I have an olive ash Mach1 fretless and am determined to buy, or if at all possible to have a 5 string fretted made to match, but I cannot find any further info on the Yahoo forum or anywhere else other than chitchat

Does anyone out there know more? Something definitive rather than rumour?

[quote name='Merton' post='307876' date='Oct 16 2008, 01:58 PM'][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26299"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26299[/url][/quote]

Thanks for that! Who do I contact to get my name on the waiting list? I left a message on Pete's answer phone about a year ago, but didn't get any reply.....

[quote name='MoJoKe' post='307934' date='Oct 16 2008, 03:17 PM']Thanks for that! Who do I contact to get my name on the waiting list? I left a message on Pete's answer phone about a year ago, but didn't get any reply.....[/quote]
I'd try Charlie Chandler's Guitar Experience in Hampton Wick to get hold of Paul Herman there, or get another contact no. for him :)

[quote name='Merton' post='308132' date='Oct 16 2008, 08:32 PM']I'd try Charlie Chandler's Guitar Experience in Hampton Wick to get hold of Paul Herman there, or get another contact no. for him :)[/quote]
Yep - spot on Mert! Paul is the person to speak to... The good news is that there is a future for Wal basses... :huh:

Oh yeah baby!! I just had the best email!!

I am on the waiting list!!! I'm drooling already. Paul wasn't able to confirm timescale yet, but at least I'm on.

WWAAAAAAHHHAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!

I know I put this elsewhere, but I know you guys will forgive me for being [b]really [/b]excited!!!

[quote name='Merton' post='308132' date='Oct 16 2008, 08:32 PM']I'd try Charlie Chandler's Guitar Experience in Hampton Wick to get hold of Paul Herman there, or get another contact no. for him :)[/quote]

What's the chances of this: Paul once fixed my bass and I have gigged with him (Paul is a great guitar player) and Charlie, who I only met once, was my line manager's partner (I used to manage a Probation Hostel in Kew which is near Hampton Wick. In fact, I got promoted to a Senior Probation Officer because Charlie's partner was carrying his child!).

Small world!

[quote name='MoJoKe' post='310652' date='Oct 20 2008, 05:42 PM']Oh yeah baby!! I just had the best email!!

I am on the waiting list!!! I'm drooling already. Paul wasn't able to confirm timescale yet, but at least I'm on.

WWAAAAAAHHHAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!

I know I put this elsewhere, but I know you guys will forgive me for being [b]really [/b]excited!!![/quote]

Excitement fully understood :)

It's good news that Wal is making a comeback.